Ps5 and sky internet

Opposite ends of the house mate couldn’t be further away
Bummer. I’ve got an ASUS RT-3200 you can have. It will be fine for the speed you have with your Sky FTTC as it’s only 67Mbit. You could connect it to your Sky router and set it to accesss point mode so that your Sky router is still doing the DHCP and routing thus avoiding a double NAT. You could connect it using an Ethernet cable hidden where carpet meets wall closer to the ps5. It’s got 6 directional antennas so you can direct the WiFi signal. It served me well for years until I upgraded to WiFi 6 mesh. You can have it, I don’t want any money for it.

One other thing you can also try is on your Sky router change your DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary. It’s googles fast DNS servers and they’re generally quicker than your ISP’s, including ping times.

Bummer. I’ve got an ASUS RT-3200 you can have. It will be fine for the speed you have with your Sky FTTC as it’s only 67Mbit. You could connect it to your Sky router and set it to accesss point mode so that your Sky router is still doing the DHCP and routing thus avoiding a double NAT. You could connect it using an Ethernet cable hidden where carpet meets wall closer to the ps5. It’s got 6 directional antennas so you can direct the WiFi signal. It served me well for years until I upgraded to WiFi 6 mesh. You can have it, I don’t want any money for it.

One other thing you can also try is on your Sky router change your DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 as primary and 8.8.4.4 secondary. It’s googles fast DNS servers and they’re generally quicker than your ISP’s, including ping times.
Jesus mate that’s like Chinese to me :D Thanks for the offer mate thats really kind of you the skyWi-Fi expert bloke is coming out Friday to see what they can do I’ll let you know they crack they might put a hardwired socket in his room or summit

Jesus mate that’s like Chinese to me :D Thanks for the offer mate thats really kind of you the skyWi-Fi expert bloke is coming out Friday to see what they can do I’ll let you know they crack they might put a hardwired socket in his room or summit
That’s really good if they do, as if you do end up having to use WiFi, you want as few boosters / repeaters as possible as every ‘hop’ introduces lag. Let us know how you get on and if you want this router posting.

That’s really good if they do, as if you do end up having to use WiFi, you want as few boosters / repeaters as possible as every ‘hop’ introduces lag. Let us know how you get on and if you want this router posting.
Thanks mate there is two boosters upstairs prob killing it

Thanks mate there is two boosters upstairs prob killing it
I doubt your boosters will be in a chain i.e router > booster 1 > booster 2, if they are that will be your problem but they’re probably set up to both talk directly to your sky router.

If they’re too close they won’t be helping as logic would suggest your device would connect to the closest and therefore the one with the strongest signal but I know from experience that this isn’t always the case. I’ve got two mesh nodes downstairs and my Mac was connected to the one in the living room despite being 1ft away from the other one. Hopefully the sky bloke gets you up and running.

If he had a sky mini box in his room, plug the Ethernet into that and into the ps5, set it up as a LAN connection and you get your full speed.

That’s what I done with the q box in the living room as our router is in a cupboard under the stairs in the same room. New build problems !

If he had a sky mini box in his room, plug the Ethernet into that and into the ps5, set it up as a LAN connection and you get your full speed.

That’s what I done with the q box in the living room as our router is in a cupboard under the stairs in the same room. New build problems !
How don’t get a sky mini box ?

Back