Protein shakes - Value/effectiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloster Mackem

Central Defender
I know this has been done to death but I've got a slight twist on the question.

Does anyone know any good discount codes for Maximuscle stuff? I only tend to get it when they have have some good discounts on, like 50% off stuff over £100 etc, otherwise it's too expensive.

I find that it works most effectively compared to phd or myprotein. (I use promax diet by the way). But does anyone know of any alternatives that are just as good? And that are more economical?

I know protein is expensive but I'm skint at the moment!

What have you been getting from myprotein? I've been getting the impact whey and creatine monohydrate and seen massive gains.

Each to there own I suppose.

Well to be honest I didn't use it for that long because I wanted something with less calories/other crap they stick in, as 'mass' isn't really what I want, more like lean muscle.

Maybe I should give it another go if it's that good?

Well to be honest I didn't use it for that long because I wanted something with less calories/other crap they stick in, as 'mass' isn't really what I want, more like lean muscle.

Maybe I should give it another go if it's that good?
Mate get hurricane xs. For value it is by far the best on the market. Very similar to maxi muscle Cyclone. They always do 20% offers aswell. Am sure they have brought out a newer version aswell of late.

I've only been taking it for about 2 month and from a absolute beginners point of view I've seen huge gains. Those who have been training for longer may not see the gains I have.

I've heard brilliant things from mates who have been training for some time about Hurricane XS and Recovery XS. I'll be purchasing the Recovery XS when the Sunday league season kicks in.

I've only been taking it for about 2 month and from a absolute beginners point of view I've seen huge gains. Those who have been training for longer may not see the gains I have.

I've heard brilliant things from mates who have been training for some time about Hurricane XS and Recovery XS. I'll be purchasing the Recovery XS when the Sunday league season kicks in.

Are the gains not because you're a beginner rather than the type of protein you're using though?

Maxi muscle stuff is expensive like. i moved onto the sci max. cheaper alternative. Havent noticed the difference.

Totally unrelated question but i've just realised that my protein has around 120 calories in each scoop. I tend to have one in the morning with my oats and two on a training day. Is that a lot of calories to be using up on powder? almost 400 :eek:

Totally unrelated question but i've just realised that my protein has around 120 calories in each scoop. I tend to have one in the morning with my oats and two on a training day. Is that a lot of calories to be using up on powder? almost 400 :eek:

Na, google Josh Hyaduck, he's been getting most of his protein from powders for a while. If you get a decent whey protein powder, it's actually going to be superior to most whole food sources.

Na, google Josh Hyaduck, he's been getting most of his protein from powders for a while. If you get a decent whey protein powder, it's actually going to be superior to most whole food sources.
Champion :lol:

The stuff I got on special is MuscleTechs premium whey, so it should be decent stuff.

I've been using Peak body Protein Mania.... can get it for about £23 for a 2kg tub.... 29g of protein per scoop was the main reason i use it.... not sure if it's any good though... anyone know?

Also been using the peak body Pro 50 bars.... anyone know if they are any good aswell??

Mate get hurricane xs. For value it is by far the best on the market. Very similar to maxi muscle Cyclone. They always do 20% offers aswell. Am sure they have brought out a newer version aswell of late.

hurricane evo is the best by bar, seen more results in the two bags i used than the 5 i used of cyclone, its not just beginners gain been going to the gym for 6 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back