Protein deals

They all seem to have gone mental mate - I looked a few weeks ago and prices have c. doubled in the past six months.

Ended up getting this:

Will be short dated and limited in terms of flavour choice (may be one) but in my experience, as long as you keep it airtight, it will last for an age.

Anyone got any links to some reasonably proces protein powder? The prices on MyProtein (who I usually order from) have gone through the roof.
Apparently whey is in short supply/high demand for other food stuffs.

I was considering a pea protein supplement until prices return to normal-ish.

45% off so 2.5kg for about £30.

Last edited:
Apparently whey is in short supply/high demand for other food stuffs.

I was considering a pea protein supplement until prices return to normal-ish.

45% off so 2.5kg for about £30.

Interesting the demand thing. I've tried to dig out the email but the link is now dead, but someone got in touch with me 3 or 4 months ago about a finance business partner role in Wales for the biggest producer of whey in the UK. Memory may be deceiving me but pretty sure they had just been taken over, so wonder if new management have found a more lucrative use?

Interesting the demand thing. I've tried to dig out the email but the link is now dead, but someone got in touch with me 3 or 4 months ago about a finance business partner role in Wales for the biggest producer of whey in the UK. Memory may be deceiving me but pretty sure they had just been taken over, so wonder if new management have found a more lucrative use?
Hi, I hope that you’re well, has the latest addition to your family arrived yet?

This is from July 2021:

Hi, I hope that you’re well, has the latest addition to your family arrived yet?

This is from July 2021:

That article is really interesting, thanks for sharing.

No, 'overdue' now so starting the weekly battles with the midwives and doctors to allow our baby to arrive when the baby is ready, and not when society says they should be.

I agreed with my employer to fix my shared parental leave though, so I'm in a weird waiting situation, where I'm essentially caring for the older two whilst Simpsylass relaxes and preps herself for the upcoming marathon that is childbirth.

That article is really interesting, thanks for sharing.

No, 'overdue' now so starting the weekly battles with the midwives and doctors to allow our baby to arrive when the baby is ready, and not when society says they should be.

I agreed with my employer to fix my shared parental leave though, so I'm in a weird waiting situation, where I'm essentially caring for the older two whilst Simpsylass relaxes and preps herself for the upcoming marathon that is childbirth.
All the best to you and your family mate, let us know when we can join in with the celebrations!

All the best to you and your family mate, let us know when we can join in with the celebrations!
Cheers fella.

The gains killer arrived last night, Lillian Shibuya Blossom was born at 21.16 weighing 8lbs 4oz. Mother and baby both well and we got settled back at home about 4am.

Still hoping to get 3 sessions in this week - but more hope than anticipation!

Hope yours and @FReaK 's wind isn't as bad as I imagine they might be (although if you haven't started on the pea juice yet you may be alright!).

Cheers fella.

The gains killer arrived last night, Lillian Shibuya Blossom was born at 21.16 weighing 8lbs 4oz. Mother and baby both well and we got settled back at home about 4am.

Still hoping to get 3 sessions in this week - but more hope than anticipation!

Hope yours and @FReaK 's wind isn't as bad as I imagine they might be (although if you haven't started on the pea juice yet you may be alright!).
🥳 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 🎉

It’s smashing that you named your baby after our top French former striker!!!!

Put your feet up for a few weeks you deserve it.

Anyone got any links to some reasonably proces protein powder? The prices on MyProtein (who I usually order from) have gone through the roof.
Peakbody and fitness based in washington sell a large tub of protein mania quite cheap. I have used it for years and changed flavours so it doesnt get boring. I make a mean cold vanilla mocha with coffee and almond milk, the strawberry one tastes like mcds milkshake too.

Not related to any supplement in particular, but anyone on Instagram I'd suggest following The Supplement Review. Reviews a number of different pre-workouts etc, and for £7 a month you can subscribe and get sent a load of samples, discount codes etc for new supplements.

Back