Protein bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nowhereboy

I'm very sceptical of using such things, I'm back at University and needed a quick protein boost. Bought a box of these which tasted brilliant, but I'm sceptical of the amount of protein they contain (30g).
Does anyone else use protein bars how effective they are protein wise?

Cheers in advance.

why would you be sceptical?

Just think the claim of 30g is a lot, and wondering why they aren't used more if they're packed with that much protein, a lot less hassle than making my 40g shake.

I'm very sceptical of using such things, I'm back at University and needed a quick protein boost. Bought a box of these which tasted brilliant, but I'm sceptical of the amount of protein they contain (30g).
Does anyone else use protein bars how effective they are protein wise?

Cheers in advance.

i take it you are using them to bulk up? I think nutritional providers like maxi muscle, usn et al are very clever when selling products like this:lol:

No reason to be skeptical of 30g of protein, although I'd be skeptical of the source they're putting in. In a lot of cases a scoop of whey and a chocolate bar would be better.

They're on offer 2 for £2 in sainsburys. The main reason behind the purchase is because I can't make shakes at university and I can be there for up to 10 hours.
Titus was on the right lines of what I was getting at, In sceptical of the source of the protein.

Any other recommendations are appreciated.

They're on offer 2 for £2 in sainsburys. The main reason behind the purchase is because I can't make shakes at university and I can be there for up to 10 hours.
Titus was on the right lines of what I was getting at, In sceptical of the source of the protein.

Any other recommendations are appreciated.

tin of tuna- 27.5g's

Try making your own mate. Not as nice but you can control what you put in, tailor the macros to your own needs etc.

Is it hard to make your own? Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Nah mate, easy. May take a couple of times to get the right outcome but it's not too difficult. First few times I made the mistake of adding a bit too much liquid and they didn't set very well. I rarely bother now as I don't need to, but if protein bars suit you, making your own is a good option.

Nah mate, easy. May take a couple of times to get the right outcome but it's not too difficult. First few times I made the mistake of adding a bit too much liquid and they didn't set very well. I rarely bother now as I don't need to, but if protein bars suit you, making your own is a good option.

Gonna give it a bash I reckon! Can't eat peanuts so will have to replace the peanut butter in the recipes I've read with Nutella. Gerrin. They're going to be more fattening than a chocolate bar by the time I'm done with them. :lol:

Well I tried to make me own protein bars - and they only bloody well went and worked!

Organic oats
Minced soya 'seeds'
Greek yoghurt
Bit milk
Nutella
Whey protein powder

They tasted lush! Gerrin.

Well I tried to make me own protein bars - and they only bloody well went and worked!

Organic oats
Minced soya 'seeds'
Greek yoghurt
Bit milk
Nutella
Whey protein powder

They tasted lush! Gerrin.
wey how did you do it you bellend. no good just patting yourself on that back :evil:

I crave attention. :lol:

Just put a load of the stuff in a bowl until the consistancy is like cookie dough, put it all in a cake tray and stick in the freezer. Don't ask me how much of each thing I used I haven't got a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back