Proper Job Ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a flavour of hops.
Better than tribute or mad goose.
Any experts to give me a similar tasting one to try.
Absolutely love proper Job.

Chinook and Cascade hops iirc. I’d go and load up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale if you like American hops. Cascade is it’s aroma hop.

Go online and try to find some single hopped beers using those varieties. It’ll give you a good understanding of their flavours alone.

I’d also look for pales and IPAs heavy on Citra and Mosaic hops as they should be right up your alley as well. Oakham Citra is a perfect example, and Red Willow Weightless Mosaic (will need to order cans online if you’re not lucky enough to find it at a pub).

Then look at Nelson Sauvin and other ‘Antipodean’ hopped beers. Most Asda’s carry Harbour Antipodean IPA.

I’m about to indulge in a 13% Old Ale :lol:

Also the 2 main ingredients of the greatest ever beer made in the North East that is Rivet catcher

I’ve not had that in a long time and I genuinely can’t remember it.

This thread has put me in the mood so I’m going to wrap up and have a look round the hostelries of Gosforth!

Chinook and Cascade hops iirc. I’d go and load up on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale if you like American hops. Cascade is it’s aroma hop.

Go online and try to find some single hopped beers using those varieties. It’ll give you a good understanding of their flavours alone.

I’d also look for pales and IPAs heavy on Citra and Mosaic hops as they should be right up your alley as well. Oakham Citra is a perfect example, and Red Willow Weightless Mosaic (will need to order cans online if you’re not lucky enough to find it at a pub).

Then look at Nelson Sauvin and other ‘Antipodean’ hopped beers. Most Asda’s carry Harbour Antipodean IPA.

I’m about to indulge in a 13% Old Ale :lol:

What you having. Had a founders CBS and it was fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back