Professional Cricket Resumes 1st August

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durham will take on Yorkshire in a two-day, behind-closed-doors friendly at Emerald Headingley on 27 and 28 July. #ForTheNorth
Durham to play Yorkshire at Headingley
durhamcricket.co.uk

5:30 PM · Jun 29, 2020·Twitter for Advertisers

Good stuff. Would imagine there’ll be a stream available and going off that ‘format’ it would appear that means the cricket which will follow from 1 August will involve a red ball and white clothing.

Talk of a regional red ball competition and a T20 competition.

Wonder how counties will be impacted by the availability of overseas/kolpak players.

Last edited:

I hope they can come up with some kind of competition rather than friendlies. What about in place of championship 3 groups of six counties based on geographical areas then a final between best two group winners or if they have time semi finals with all 3 group winners and best runner up.
That's exactly the format that Bostock said was intended. Northern group
Durham
Derby
Lancs
Yorks
Notts
Leics

That's exactly the format that Bostock said was intended. Northern group
Durham
Derby
Lancs
Yorks
Notts
Leics
Champion! Well it took me 5 minutes, it might take him and his fellow administrators a bit longer to organise. I reckon they could do it probably all depends on how much T20 they have to play. Sadly hot s gut feeling that will take priority.

Both really, as grounds seem full watching it, especially grounds like The oval on a Friday night, and T20 finals day a great days entertainment imo.
Personally with a maximum of 2 months cricket and a county member I would prefer a 4 day match each week and perhaps 1 T20 game rather than even 5 T20 matches in a week. But really just delighted there is going to be some cricket played.

I have heard 4 or 5 of the poorer counties are dead against any red ball cricket, so fingers crossed something is done to sort that.

Wonder if spectators will be allowed entry to the 4 day games? Could be tempted - Been told i'm going to be furloughed till at least the 31st July with a ever increasing possibility of being served 3 months notice at that time - so I'll be off until October. Might be able to watch some cricket then!

Wonder if spectators will be allowed entry to the 4 day games? Could be tempted - Been told i'm going to be furloughed till at least the 31st July with a ever increasing possibility of being served 3 months notice at that time - so I'll be off until October. Might be able to watch some cricket then!

Just in time for the predicted second surge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back