Probably not of much relevance unless you are on holiday

Lots of serious flooding up from the Costa del Sol today. It's Biblical, ancient flood plains well exceeded, houses swept away in instances and there's more rain falling as I type.
A friend's house on the banks of the Rio Genal flooded, devastated, they were stranded until rescued by helicopter.
In Ronda, the ancient famous Arab baths damaged, 216 litres of rain per metre fell in 24 hours which may not sound a lot but in such a mountainous area the effects of the run off are astonishing.
In Estepona people are navigating the streets in canoes.
If you want to google probably the Olive Press website will give you an idea.
But if you are over here or on your way for an autumn holiday please be very careful.

I'm on holiday, in the Scottish Highlands. Bit squally this morning, but nowt special for this time of year, bit of surface water on the roads, but no flooding
On my bucket list marra...you recommend anywhere in particular?

My brother's in Benidorm. He hired a scooter.

On a non related subject, does anyone have a picture of the granny from Benidorm I can borrow?

Gota Fria

“Cold drop” wreaks havoc in Spain’s eastern coast and Balearic Islands

Two years ago in Benidorm this poor fella was swept from the main st out to sea and drowned.

I guess I'm in a bit of shock.
Two sets of good friends, decent people. Both have been flooded out, their possessions and memories swept away, their dogs all of which I've given a pat to presumably drowned, the lives of my friends ruined.
One guy, Paul had to cling to a door edge as he was being swept away until he summoned his last reserves of strength to somehow get to a place of safety.
We are all clinging to a rock, traveling at 77,000 km an hour as it hurtles through space, kept here by the forces of gravity in an otherwise devoid of life cosmos. The message for me is how vulnerable we all are, and frankly as we squabble over daft things like Brexit, how precious and temporary life is.

Been pissing it down in Frigiliana this week (and freezing). Headed back to Malaga yesterday in jeans, polo shirt, jumper and hoody. Got to Malaga, it was f***ing sweltering. Been nice since I got back to Frigiliana last night too. Saw some of the damage on the news though regarding an area near Antequera. Doesn't look good.

My brother's in Benidorm. He hired a scooter.

On a non related subject, does anyone have a picture of the granny from Benidorm I can borrow?

I'm 15 km down the road from Benidorm but we made the journey in last night for soemtjjng to eat.

Mobility Scooter city .. saw lots of lads had rented them

I live right on the southern tip of the Costa Del Sol, and whilst we’ve had nothing of that severity down here, the weather over the last few days has been scary to say the least. After around 30 minutes of torrential downpour, the roads become completely submerged and it wreaks havoc. We’ve got more planned in the coming days which is a bastard!

I guess I'm in a bit of shock.
Two sets of good friends, decent people. Both have been flooded out, their possessions and memories swept away, their dogs all of which I've given a pat to presumably drowned, the lives of my friends ruined.
One guy, Paul had to cling to a door edge as he was being swept away until he summoned his last reserves of strength to somehow get to a place of safety.
We are all clinging to a rock, traveling at 77,000 km an hour as it hurtles through space, kept here by the forces of gravity in an otherwise devoid of life cosmos. The message for me is how vulnerable we all are, and frankly as we squabble over daft things like Brexit, how precious and temporary life is.
Yeah ,bad crack but we squabble over things like Brexit because things impact that life we have before its gone in a blink
Moaning for moaning sake is a different thing mind

Back