Prince Phillip Breaking news. NDOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

If age is a barrier to prosecution it should also be a barrier to driving.

Again, do you have any examples of 97 year-old drivers that aren't part of the establishment being prosecuted for having an accident?

I'm not disputing that age should be a barrier to driving, I am disputing that his position of a royal makes a jot of difference in him being prosecuted here. If he had gotten away with flogging a "pleb" I may thing differently. If this case he had a crash, people do it all the time without being prosecuted.

Again, do you have any examples of 97 year-old drivers that aren't part of the establishment being prosecuted for having an accident?

I'm not disputing that age should be a barrier to driving, I am disputing that his position of a royal makes a jot of difference in him being prosecuted here. If he had gotten away with flogging a "pleb" I may thing differently. If this case he had a crash, people do it all the time without being prosecuted.

How many 97 year old drivers are there ?

How many have had accidents?

I'm not linking him being cleared to his age, I'm linking it directly to his position in society.

If he was 30 years younger I still don't believe he'd have been prosecuted.

How many 97 year old drivers are there ?

How many have had accidents?

I'm not linking him being cleared to his age, I'm linking it directly to his position in society.

If he was 30 years younger I still don't believe he'd have been prosecuted.

If you or I had a crash like that the most that would happen is our insurance would go up.

How do you know this? What exactly happened?
He pulled out at a junction. He said the glare from the sun meant he didn't see the oncoming traffic.

Whether he didn't see because of glare from the sun, or because he's 97 probably isn't relevant to him not being prosecuted. It was his fault without a doubt.

Happens all of the time. If it was you or me it would be a job for the insurance companies.

He pulled out at a junction. He said the glare from the sun meant he didn't see the oncoming traffic.

Whether he didn't see because of glare from the sun, or because he's 97 probably isn't relevant to him not being prosecuted. It was his fault without a doubt.

Happens all of the time. If it was you or me it would be a job for the insurance companies.

It's gone as far as the CPS so I'm not sure it would be as straight forward as that.

It's gone as far as the CPS so I'm not sure it would be as straight forward as that.
It probably went that far because of his position in the establishment.

From what I've seen from his "victims" in the press the only thing the other driver disagrees on is was there being glare, and being annoyed he didn't apologise.

It probably went that far because of his position in the establishment.

From what I've seen from his "victims" in the press the only thing the other driver disagrees on is was there being glare, and being annoyed he didn't apologise.

Being a 97 year old bloke, trapped by your leg in the aftermath of a car crash tends to make the social niceties less important. I’m sure the emergency services can think of thousands of examples of people not saying thank you or sorry at the time of the crash.

The other driver wouldn’t have seen any glare if the sun was behind them. Philip was turning into the sun while they were driving away. I’ve done the same myself in Sunderland when you turn right past the church driving out of town via the zryhope Road at Langham Towers. I was on a driving lesson and was completely blinded by the sun as I turned towards it. I kept going like, so it was just as well nothing else was coming! Funny thing was, the instructor commented on how I had done a good job at the junction and I remember laughing to myself and thinking that I should always close my eyes!

Last edited:
Being a 97 year old bloke, trapped by your leg in the aftermath of a car crash tends to make the social niceties less important. I’m sure the emergency services can think of thousands of examples of people not saying thank you or sorry at the time of the crash.

The other driver wouldn’t have seen any glare if the sun was behind them. Philip was turning into the sun while they were driving away. I’ve done the same myself in Sunderland when you turn right past the church driving out of town via the zryhope Road at Langham Towers. I was on a driving lesson and was completely blinded by the sun as I turned towards it. I kept going like, so it was just as well nothing else was coming! Funny thing was, the instructor commented on how I had done a good job at the junction and I remember laughing to myself and thinking that I should always close my eyes!
Seen it twice by the AoL.

It will happen all over the country every day.

I'm no royalist in fact very much the reverse but there has to be equity under law and I think its true that given he has surrendered his licence (yes he should have done it earlier) it wouldn't be in the public interest to prosecute any 97 year old.
I might prosecute all of them for being parasites but not for this..

I'm no royalist in fact very much the reverse but there has to be equity under law and I think its true that given he has surrendered his licence (yes he should have done it earlier) it wouldn't be in the public interest to prosecute any 97 year old.
I might prosecute all of them for being parasites but not for this..

The fact he was bombing around in a new car within 48 hours of totalling the other one suggests he's probably been persuaded to hand it in to make the problem go away.

The fact he was bombing around in a new car within 48 hours of totalling the other one suggests he's probably been persuaded to hand it in to make the problem go away.
Sorted then, he's never doing it again, he's 97, he's got no licence to put points on, you're not sending him to nick and he would pay any fine out of his arse pocket. I don't doubt the old twat has little remorse but no point doing anything, move on he'll be gone soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back