Prince Harry beats Mirror Group in phone hacking case

140k of chicken feed - if you had a serious life changing injury you might not receive that in compensation. This thread does not give Piers Morgan the lickings of a dog but all these "celebs" claiming compensation to me smells like a Whitby trawler. Not one of them knew what was going on or enabled additional security on their phones ? Surely if you turned up somewhere and the press turned up or stories leaked you must have an inkling something is not quite right. The drug lot have encrypted burner phones but a possible future king of England every message was being read by the press. These celebs are almost desperate to have had their phones hacked to keep their own self importance. Just because soap stars had pay outs does not automatically mean Harry should be paid, the law doesn't work like that. I am not endorsing the phone hacking but while the post office workers innocently locked up and many still waiting for their day in court, this lot seem to have been looked after by the legal system.
That’s a hell of a wild viewpoint on things there. Victim blaming much?

It’s crazy to me that they ever thought it was a good idea.

They nearly drove Gazza insane with what they done back then, delayed a police investigation over a murder, found numerous times to have posted lies, numerous times to have hacked phones. How people aren’t going to jail for this is mind boggling

They nearly drove Gazza insane with what they done back then, delayed a police investigation over a murder, found numerous times to have posted lies, numerous times to have hacked phones. How people aren’t going to jail for this is mind boggling
I've said it before in this thread but I'm certain one of the reasons is that the likes of Piers Morgan will have enough dirt on the right people to ensure they never see a criminal trial where "uncomfortable" evidence might be presented.

That’s a hell of a wild viewpoint on things there. Victim blaming much?
In 2007 iirc think some "investigator" was locked up for phone hacking and then we had the Milly Dowler disgrace. In 2011 the Leverson enquiry blew open the whole phone hacking world. So it was well known phones could be hacked. The mobile phone companies did nothing but that's another issue. Prior to that, I have loads of sympathy for anybody hacked as they prob did not have a clue. After that people should have been more careful. It also seems that once money was involved there was an element of hoping to have been hacked to make a few quid. So, you telling me once this was known about the hacked should not share some of the blame ? Not changing the pin number, continuing to use voice mail and having only one number is the equivalent of using one easy password on all the websites you use with the same email. I think there are people who are total victims in this and there are people who let themselves become victims.

Tbf the cops or ex cops were the main instigators.

In 2007 iirc think some "investigator" was locked up for phone hacking and then we had the Milly Dowler disgrace. In 2011 the Leverson enquiry blew open the whole phone hacking world. So it was well known phones could be hacked. The mobile phone companies did nothing but that's another issue. Prior to that, I have loads of sympathy for anybody hacked as they prob did not have a clue. After that people should have been more careful. It also seems that once money was involved there was an element of hoping to have been hacked to make a few quid. So, you telling me once this was known about the hacked should not share some of the blame ? Not changing the pin number, continuing to use voice mail and having only one number is the equivalent of using one easy password on all the websites you use with the same email. I think there are people who are total victims in this and there are people who let themselves become victims.
That’s not even subtle victim blaming

2007 Goodman and Mulcaire were done for illegal interception of voice messages. Dowler case was 2011. Leveson was 2011-2012.

The hacking and other spying on Harry that the judge upheld judgement on was 2003-2009, most of it before anything you mention and all of it before Millie Dowler/Leveson.

You seem way more exercised over the victims in your view asking for it than you do about the actual criminals.

Like I said, it’s an absolutely wild viewpoint.

People were hoping to be hacked?? WTF?

Back