Price of chocolate

Still works out better if you use a bar you have chopped up finely for the Velvetiser than a pouch of Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser drinking chocolate. They cost about £8. A bar of Galaxy bought for about £2 chopped up finely produces pretty much the same amount of chocolate shavings than a pouch of Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser drinking chocolate.

Thank you Martin Lewis

Thank you Martin Lewis

It's true though. I got a bar of Dairyfine Plain Chocolate from ALDI which cost £1.09. A pouch of 100% Dark Hot Chocolate on the Horel Chocolat website is £8.95. Produces pretty much exactly the same amount when finely chopped u.

Now you tell me what you would rather do since most on here do like to be the oracle of all worldly advice on everything.

Still works out better if you use a bar you have chopped up finely for the Velvetiser than a pouch of Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser drinking chocolate. They cost about £8. A bar of Galaxy bought for about £2 chopped up finely produces pretty much the same amount of chocolate shavings than a pouch of Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser drinking chocolate.
Scintillating stuff.

It's true though. I got a bar of Dairyfine Plain Chocolate from ALDI which cost £1.09. A pouch of 100% Dark Hot Chocolate on the Horel Chocolat website is £8.95. Produces pretty much exactly the same amount when finely chopped u.

Now you tell me what you would rather do since most on here do like to be the oracle of all worldly advice on everything.

It's not the same product though, hence the price difference.

The Hotel Chocolat sachets will be 100% pure cocoa solids, probably from single origin beans.

The Aldi chocolate will be a much smaller amount of mixed cocoa, plus fats, sugars and other ingredients needed to make a chocolate bar.

Back