Presser

Says the usual “that game has gone, we have to pick ourselves up” but my main concern from that game is he didn’t seem to have a clue how to change it. His comments suggest he’d rather try and forget about it rather than focus on how to fix it.

When he says stuff like that, in my head I hear “Wa’ll roll up wa sleeves, dust wa selves down, and go again against Birmingham”

I know he’s not going to come out and say we’re awful etc etc, but it worries me that he seems to think it was just a case of wanting a touch too many in midfield.

It’s like his head is in the sand.
For some reason (it was either that or concentrate on work) I listened to all of that and I don't think he said much wrong. I do think he's lucky that he wasn't really asked about why we look so f***ing pedestrian in so many games. Huddersfield are pretty average and we managed one proper chance against them (Hume, and I suppose there was one they nearly scored for us). Thought he got a pretty easy ride in terms of the questions.

One thing is certain, if we don't perform on Saturday and lose to a Mowbray side he's going to be back under as much pressure as ever from the fans and the frustration will likely also be aimed at others at the club, really big game for them

One of the things that came out was how Huddersfield said we were easily bullied, i think that's something we have to be better at, i think it's referred to as "shithousery" on here.
Certainly you look at that triangle in the middle of the park, Neil, Ekwah and Bellingham, they have to start really getting stuck in.

Beale also mentioned us being a young team, but a young team that has quite a bit experience now in this league, and youth cannot really be used as an excuse.

Also kept on about us doing things quicker, pressing higher, getting more in the box etc, that's what he wants, we aren't quite doing it, it's down to the players.

Spoke well i thought.

Objectively he’s correct that we’re overplaying, but his tactics are awful and his thoughts don’t translate into action
What he said in the press conference and certainly what happened out on the park at Huddersfield are two different things, he wants us to be quicker, press higher, get more in the box, be more aggressive etc, it's just the players aren't quite responding to all of that, i'm sure they're giving their all, but i'm starting to wonder a little bit.

One of the things that came out was how Huddersfield said we were easily bullied, i think that's something we have to be better at, i think it's referred to as "shithousery" on here.
Certainly you look at that triangle in the middle of the park, Neil, Ekwah and Bellingham, they have to start really getting stuck in.

Beale also mentioned us being a young team, but a young team that has quite a bit experience now in this league, and youth cannot really be used as an excuse.

Also kept on about us doing things quicker, pressing higher, getting more in the box etc, that's what he wants, we aren't quite doing it, it's down to the players.

Spoke well i thought.
The chances of Neil, Ekwah and Bellingham 'getting stuck in' range from slim to none in my view!

Spoke well i thought.
Most sociopathic Bullshitters "speak well".

Look at that weirdo, Speakman and that Weasel KLD.
He's absolutely right that we need to move the ball quicker, but then we continue to start games slowly. Why isn't he emphasising it before kick off?
Move it faster backwards and sidewards? Or try something completely different?

Last edited:
For some reason (it was either that or concentrate on work) I listened to all of that and I don't think he said much wrong. I do think he's lucky that he wasn't really asked about why we look so f***ing pedestrian in so many games. Huddersfield are pretty average and we managed one proper chance against them (Hume, and I suppose there was one they nearly scored for us). Thought he got a pretty easy ride in terms of the questions.

One thing is certain, if we don't perform on Saturday and lose to a Mowbray side he's going to be back under as much pressure as ever from the fans and the frustration will likely also be aimed at others at the club, really big game for them
Great point on the Huddersfield game and similar opponents. When teams hassle and get into us we crumble more times than not. That needs to be addressed because we are so soft at times.

Back