Preparing for aerobic exercise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ayesane

I'm on a calorie controlled diet, mixing in some running and lots of walking and it is working fantastically well. I play 6-a-side once a week but last week (while on this diet) I fatigued way sooner then I usually do.

Any recommendations for food/supplements I could use prior which will maximise the hour?

Your body can get energy from carbs more quickly than from fats or proteins. Try having a banana shortly before you start and maybe drink something like Gatorade or Lucozade while you exercise instead of just water.

aye, banana's.. of course..

261 cal in Lucozade man :eek:

what about time? when should I gorge on carbs in anticipation of exercise?

aye, banana's.. of course..

261 cal in Lucozade man :eek:

what about time? when should I gorge on carbs in anticipation of exercise?

I take it he was referring to lucozade sport, not normal lucozade.

Just make sure you aren't eating a heavy carb meal too close to the match, because the blood will be drawn away from the digestive system and the food will just lie in your gut, probably causing some discomfort and certainly no benefit.

I take it he was referring to lucozade sport, not normal lucozade.

Just make sure you aren't eating a heavy carb meal too close to the match, because the blood will be drawn away from the digestive system and the food will just lie in your gut, probably causing some discomfort and certainly no benefit.

I think this is what happened last week, I could feel sloshing in my stomach.. :-O

I had chicken pasta for lunch, was only 330 cal - safe to assume I need something more before 6pm?

140 cal in Lucozade sport, not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
utterly shattered after 40 minutes. :oops: still, better then last week..

How many calories are you taking in per day?

May just be an issue with your fitness for football like :lol:

atm, 1650 with 400 cardio (i work a desk, from home, so that's pretty much it). I generally recover quite quick, it's been harder past couple weeks. Will plan my lunch better next week I think.

Fitness is rubbish mind, :lol:

atm, 1650 with 400 cardio (i work a desk, from home, so that's pretty much it). I generally recover quite quick, it's been harder past couple weeks. Will plan my lunch better next week I think.

Fitness is rubbish mind, :lol:

A 1650Kcal diet is always going to have horrifically detrimental effects on sport performance tbf.

A 1650Kcal diet is always going to have horrifically detrimental effects on sport performance tbf.

I thought it might, looking for ways to get a 'boost'. Here is mine from this evening :)lol:)

Sainsbury's Basics - Cheese and Tomato Pizza (331 Calories)
Kellogg's - Rice Crispies Square - Chocolatey Caramel , 1 square (110 Calories)
Lucozade Sport - Body Fuel Orange, 500 ml (140 Calories)

I know you're gonna say that is shit, because it is shit. As i say - gonna plan my lunch better next week.. if you have any advice I would appreciate it..

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it might, looking for ways to get a 'boost'. Here is mine from this evening :)lol:)

Sainsbury's Basics - Cheese and Tomato Pizza (331 Calories)
Kellogg's - Rice Crispies Square - Chocolatey Caramel , 1 square (110 Calories)
Lucozade Sport - Body Fuel Orange, 500 ml (140 Calories)

I know you're gonna say that is shit, because it is shit. As i say - gonna plan my lunch better next week.. if you have any advice I would appreciate it..

Definitely need some meat like - protein. Starting to get my fitness back now, cycling and running a lot more, weight flying off, not affecting my football performance like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back