Premiership quality players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd Christmas

Central Defender
Keep seeing this phrase pop up in a lot of threads , who are these mythical premiership quality players we have in our squad ?

Very few and in some ways maybe that's not a bad thing. This league is a completely different animal, the refereeing is out of the dark ages and you get absolute no time on the ball. Players like N'Dong I thought would stand out - unfortunately he has but for all the wrong reasons.

Oviedo looks a cut above moving forward with the ball but yesterday defensively the Cardiff lad skinned him a few times..

Very few and in some ways maybe that's not a bad thing. This league is a completely different animal, the refereeing is out of the dark ages and you get absolute no time on the ball. Players like N'Dong I thought would stand out - unfortunately he has but for all the wrong reasons.

Oviedo looks a cut above moving forward with the ball but yesterday defensively the Cardiff lad skinned him a few times..

oviedo was absolutely horrific at left back which was a huge shock. says something that we had to move adam matthews there to improve things.

i'd say browning looks one of our best players, doesn't necessarily make him premiership quality mind :neutral:

As someone said yesterday how many Premier League clubs would be queuing up to sign any of our players in January and the answer would be not many, if any at all.

Kone at a push, but his stock has fallen massively these past 16 months. I honestly don't think any one else would be even considered.

It says a lot that Oviedo seemed to be given a free role yesterday because he was head and shoulders above anyone else.

I think Oviedo is

Kone could be if he could be arsed

N’Dong may be

Cattermole and JOS were

I’m struggling now
To be honest I'm not sure n'dong is even a championship level player. He had been get one crap in a sea or crap.

God I hate the bastard lot of them.

N'Dong isn't.
Not in his wildest dreams.
Constantly gives possession away cheaply, seldom shows for the ball by simply putting himself into space to receive a pass and constantly gets on the wrong side of players whilst trying to defend or break up play because he doesn't anticipate the threat.
He is a disappointment of colossal proportions. (13 million to be exact).
Oh, and I don't care that he's young.

So that’ll be none then.:cry:

in a side playing as bad as us it's unlikely anyone will look quality right now but we know from past expierence the like of kone can look great when he feels like it.

i'd say kone, browning, oviedo possibly, mcgeady, cattermole & ndong are all very inconsistent and might look great one game and woeful the next.

think catts might have nacked himself, went down a bit hard, got straight back up and tried to run/hobble it off but his passing was poor after that. not sure if i'm maknig excuses for him but hadn't noticed him having a bad game until then

As someone said yesterday how many Premier League clubs would be queuing up to sign any of our players in January and the answer would be not many, if any at all.

Kone at a push, but his stock has fallen massively these past 16 months. I honestly don't think any one else would be even considered.

well given nobody wanted them in the summer why would anyone want them now?

I genuinely think the players who have played top flight football for all or most of their careers will find it hard to adjust to the standard and interpretation of the referees. Wilson for example yesterday was having a wrestling match all afternoon with the bloke he was marking. He eventually worked out that the ref was going to let everything go and he just threw the bloke out of the way when the ball was knocked up to him - it still wasn't penalised!

oviedo was absolutely horrific at left back which was a huge shock. says something that we had to move adam matthews there to improve things.

i'd say browning looks one of our best players, doesn't necessarily make him premiership quality mind :neutral:
Oviedo only had 15 - 20 mins in some sort of wing back effort.

Then he was put up as some sort of winger / free running midfielder with a right back covering behind him.

It was just weird. But the manager takes the blame for that.

Oviedo only had 15 - 20 mins in some sort of wing back effort.

Then he was put up as some sort of winger / free running midfielder with a right back covering behind him.

It was just weird. But the manager takes the blame for that.

yep.

after the shambles against sheffield united i had hoped we weren't going to fuck around anymore, we need to pick a system and learn to play it.

grayson may have been used to changing the formation previously depending on oppistion but this is a new bunch who look like strangers out there, we need to get comfortable with each other first imo before tinkering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back