Predictor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't be bothered to fill it in but table will be...

1st Coventry
2nd Sunderland
3rd Portsmouth
4th Rotherham
5th Peterborough
6th Ipswich

Rotherham will beat Ipswich on pens at Wembley after a 2-2 draw.

My heart says we're in with a shout of automatic so 1st or 2nd - I don't give a shit.

My head says there's a number of good teams around us playing well and not dropping points, and the lack of a prolific goalscorer and the dip in form in the matches it took PP to sort us out will cost us and its the playoffs again for us.

You have Coventry dropping 2 points, Pompey dropping 5 points and Rotherham dropping 6 points if I've worked that out right. That would surely be unprecedented, bearing in mind I think Cov have Rotherham still to play!!!

My heart says we're in with a shout of automatic so 1st or 2nd - I don't give a shit.

My head says there's a number of good teams around us playing well and not dropping points, and the lack of a prolific goalscorer and the dip in form in the matches it took PP to sort us out will cost us and its the playoffs again for us.
Can't argue with that. We must keep on this run while taking down those around us and others fading. Coventry game will be massive to see if we have the minerals to grab automatic promotion.

Did it from the other thread and had us 3rd on 83, five adrift of Cov and Rotherham. But I had them both on fire. One slips up and we're in.
Mine was based on dropping points against Coventry, Rotherham, Burton (twats for us) and Peterborough. I think they're the key games for us (providing we don't balls up elsewhere like).

#TeamM.W.D.L.GoalsDif.Pt.
1Sunderland AFC442611773:393489
2Coventry City442318368:452387
3Rotherham United442511884:444086
4Portsmouth FC442413774:443085
5Peterborough United4423101189:523779
6Oxford United4420141071:482374

Top 2 both dropped points on Saturday.

Coventry 84
Ipswich 83
Sunderland 82
Rotherham 80
Portsmouth 80
Wycombe 79

🤢 (predicting a big upturn in fortune for Ipswich, hope I’m wrong)

Last edited:
You have Coventry dropping 2 points, Pompey dropping 5 points and Rotherham dropping 6 points if I've worked that out right. That would surely be unprecedented, bearing in mind I think Cov have Rotherham still to play!!!
Fuck knas - I just predicted win lose or draw for each of their fixtures. If I did it again it might be slightly different.

I don't see how a side towards the top of the league dropping minimal points in the run-in would be unprecedented mind.

Mine was based on dropping points against Coventry, Rotherham, Burton (twats for us) and Peterborough. I think they're the key games for us (providing we don't balls up elsewhere like).

Similar, we've a poor record at Blackpool (so I went draw) and I had us draw with Posh as well, losing to other rivals. If we outperform that a bit then we will be neck and neck, but I'm reasonably hopeful that at least one of Coventry and Rotherham will not keep their form up - we've an excellent chance of grabbing a top two spot. IF we could win those two six pointers then the title is ours surely, but there will be twists and turns yet!

I tried to be honest in my answers but came out with us pipping Portsmouth for the title on goal difference with Rotherham, Coventry, Ipswich and Peterborough filling the play offs....which will never happen for as long as I have a hole in my arse

1Coventry City442312965:481781
2Rotherham United442461476:512578
3Ipswich Town4422101265:471876
4Portsmouth FC442291367:511675
5Peterborough United442271582:552773
6Sunderland AFC442191461:461572

I decided all the home teams would win 2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back