Praying

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

If it was ever going to happen, me praying, it would have been when "And up steps Michael Gray".

A lot of years ago we had the wifes mother and Aunt round to our house. Something was said, and the Aunt replied, "thank you,i'll prey for you". That stopped me in my tracks. Some thing i never hear.

I was a choir boy as a lad. I loved the music but never got religion. I do have to admit that I have prayed in times of crisis, when there was nothing else left to do. 30 years ago I was being slowly crushed between a fork lift truck and a neatly stacked pile of boards. I prayed and said “Please, not today” the pile of boards moved a little, something also moved in my back but no pain. The driver, who wasn’t where he should have been heard my screams and stopped the truck just as thing were turning black.

If it was ever going to happen, me praying, it would have been when "And up steps Michael Gray".

A lot of years ago we had the wifes mother and Aunt round to our house. Something was said, and the Aunt replied, "thank you,i'll prey for you". That stopped me in my tracks. Some thing i never hear.

That's a different thing entirely :lol:

Last edited:

Back