Poynter

You have to trust the coaches to get it right for everybody, and the club. I would guess Chris Rushworth would want to play in every game. There is a massive 4 day game coming up on 18th August v Leicestershire. If we win this it will boost our chances of getting promoted. A fit and firing Rushworth will be vital to us winning that game.
I do not pretend to know the coaches' thinking on this but, to me, it makes sense ?

Well I think Rushworth would prefer a few overs under his belt before the CC game, but suppose he could get a run out on Thursday. Anyway we will just have to wait and see what happens next. But owing to the lack of information speculation regarding players will continue.

Well I think Rushworth would prefer a few overs under his belt before the CC game, but suppose he could get a run out on Thursday. Anyway we will just have to wait and see what happens next. But owing to the lack of information speculation regarding players will continue.
Just seen on "live scores" Notts v Durham, a 2 day second team friendly, RED BALL, starting today. Both teams have a fair number of "first team" players selected.
Durham are playing Rushworth and Raine.
Durham 12. A Robson, C Steel, G Harte, S Bell, S Steel, N Eckersley, M Jones, B Raine, J Coughlin, B Whitehead, C Rushworth, B Glendinning.
Notts include, Jake Ball, P Coughlin, L Fletcher, Mullaney, Nash, Slater.

Last edited:
Just seen on "live scores" Notts v Durham, a 2 day second team friendly, RED BALL, starting today. Both teams have a fair number of "first team" players selected.
Durham are playing Rushworth and Raine.
Durham 12. A Robson, C Steel, G Harte, S Bell, S Steel, N Eckersley, M Jones, B Raine, J Coughlin, B Whitehead, C Rushworth, B Glendinning.
Notts include, Jake Ball, P Coughlin, L Fletcher, Mullaney, Nash, Slater.
Nice to see Paul Coughlin's name there.

Speaking of the 2nds- good luck to them on Thursday in the T20 Finals Day at Arundell.Their semi final opponents?.....our friends from Hampshite!:D

We seem to regularly make it to this - but often get soundly beaten.

Don’t think it constantly being on the South coast helps our lads’ preparation like.

I wonder if they will send Rushy down to the south coast?
Very strange why he is not playing any T20 for the 1st team. I thought the way they tested him from the 50 over competition was a great move but if he is not going to play any one day cricket it feels like a waste. A bit like Bunny's last few seasons at the club.

From what I heard, Bancroft and Franklin (wrongly in my opinion) didn't fancy Rushy, but Rushy being Rushy he led the attack taking plenty Championship wickets, forcing them to go with him as their number 1.

The one day stuff however they seem to want a younger, more dynamic side which they don't see him as part of. I imagine he will be keen to showcase himself, especially with the 100 coming next year.

From what I heard, Bancroft and Franklin (wrongly in my opinion) didn't fancy Rushy, but Rushy being Rushy he led the attack taking plenty Championship wickets, forcing them to go with him as their number 1.

The one day stuff however they seem to want a younger, more dynamic side which they don't see him as part of. I imagine he will be keen to showcase himself, especially with the 100 coming next year.
Wow! Didn't fancy him for championship cricket that appears a bit odd with his record.

Back