Powerline Adapters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some old ones that were spot on but then they didn't work when I upgraded to fibre so I bought these ones. They're plugged into the socket, not an extension lead. I can't remember what brand the previous ones were though :oops:

tp link good for me. I would be suprised if they were causing internet to drop. I had a similar problem and was convinced it was them but it was because modem not plugged into main telephone socket.

My router has tp links connnected via a cisco box for her work line then another set with pass through and a wireless connection

Last edited:
I had some old ones that were spot on but then they didn't work when I upgraded to fibre so I bought these ones. They're plugged into the socket, not an extension lead. I can't remember what brand the previous ones were though :oops:

They all use the same technology. So shouldn't be any different. And again no difference between fibre and normal broadband. Sounds like the other ones didn't stop working. But you have a problem some were.

Gave up on mine. Worked fine for ages but something started interfering with them and they'd make the router drop the connection. The speed was awful in the end too, think I was getting 3mb from a 70mb connection.

In the end I just ran an ethernet cable along the skirting and through the wall to a switch in the other room. You can get flat white cabling that'll match your skirting and run under carpet and doors, I'd do that rather than muck about with powerlines again.

They all use the same technology. So shouldn't be any different. And again no difference between fibre and normal broadband. Sounds like the other ones didn't stop working. But you have a problem some were.

The old ones were 14 mbps.

Yes Sky.

I've got the router standing on the radiator cabinet, and the socket is down near the floor behind a unit with the Sky box etc., on.
if youre with sky make sure your plugged into the main socket ie where it comes in from the outside. Sky fibre is dire.

if youre with sky make sure your plugged into the main socket ie where it comes in from the outside. Sky fibre is dire.

Yes it comes in the house by the front door and it's plugged in there, then a cable runs from there to the router in the sitting room. There's a cordless phone in the hall, so I was advised to put the router away from that.

Yes Sky.

I've got the router standing on the radiator cabinet, and the socket is down near the floor behind a unit with the Sky box etc., on.

The SR102 sky router and homeplugs are a bad combination. Make sure you can plug the homeplug in at least 2m away from the router or the phone socket it goes into.

homeplugs leak loads of RF interference over the ring mains, and operate on an overlapping frequency range to VDSL (Fibre)

It's normally at its worst when transferring data across the homeplugs.

Bump.

Any latency or packet loss issues with these?

I can’t bear the latency and packet loss when not hardwired for playing online games.

Unfortunately this means I’m normally confined to the study when I’d rather have my PS4 in my bedroom.

Bump.

I can’t bear the latency and packet loss when not hardwired for playing online games.

Unfortunately this means I’m normally confined to the study when I’d rather have my PS4 in my bedroom.

Yes, but as long as your wiring isn’t horrendous it’ll be loads less than wireless.

Bump.

The bairn games in his bedroom and said it's fine. He likes the powerline adapter better than wifi.

These are the ones I bought in the end and they've been fine.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JIVZVNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back