Post your top ten movies of all times

Actually think I might binge my top ten and see if I still agree with it. I've got Scarface in there, loved it when I was younger, but tbh it's one of those films that I've watched so often that I now pretty much never bother with. Pretty sure it was on itv4 or similar a while ago and I saw some of it and felt it hadn't aged well, whereas I can still enjoy Goodfellas when it's on. Not sure if it would stay in my list as a top ten film of my lifetime, or come out because I likely wouldn't put it in a list of films I'd want to watch right now
Scarface is garbage. It’s a teenage boys film. Pacinos worst ever film. The only adults I know who like it are Albanian builders.

Star Wars (A New Hope)
Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars (The Empire Strikes Back)
Star Wars (Return of the Jedi)
Goodfellas
Back to the Future
One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest
Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Ready Player One

Scarface is garbage. It’s a teenage boys film. Pacinos worst ever film. The only adults I know who like it are Albanian builders.
I'll definitely give it another go and confirm then :lol: I do love a gangster film, albeit I've never really liked the godfather films as much as many others do, found them hard to get into. But aye, I was a teenage boy when I really liked scarface and watched it loads so it probably needs revisiting!

Great Escape
Magnificent Seven
Mary Poppins
Field of Dreams
Dirty Harry
Outlaw Josey Wales
Jaws
the Godfather
The Godfather 2
Raiders of the lost Ark

This thread's top 10 overall looking like

Alien / Aliens
The Godfather
LOTR
Raiders of the lost Ark
Pulp Fiction
Terminator 2
Jaws
Goodfellas
Ghostbusters
Star Wars
It's not a bad list tbf. Popular films but all super popular for a reason.

A few I'd have up there that I didn't pick are Blade Runner, Psycho, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Yojimbo, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, City of God, Cape Fear (original), 2001, Ikiru, Ben Hur, Spartacus, The Wailing, North by Northwest.

There's loads of great movies like, hard to narrow down to ten.

Must admit, although I've not watched it in years, I do have this impression in my head that it's both aged badly and I've grown out of it.

I'd have to watch it again, though I've no burning desire.

Police academy 1
Police academy 2
Police academy 3
Police academy 4
Police academy 5
Police academy 6
Police academy 7
Police academy 8
Police academy 9
L'Atalante

👍

Angels with Dirty Faces another great movie with one of the best endings ever made.

I watched Scarface a couple of years back and really enjoyed it tbh. Was never my fav film mind but it's still decent enough.

The Godfather (I'm combining 1&2)
Goodfellas
Heat
The Deer Hunter
No County for Old Men
The Beat that my heart skipped
Le Haine
Apocalypse Now
The Big Lebowski
Memories of Murder

Once Upon a Time in America
Terminator 2
Goodfellas
The Matrix
Fight Club
The Shawshank Redemption
The Usual Suspects
Coco
Star Wars*
Rocky*

Struggled to get more than 7 without about 25 more all tying for "not quite the top level, but still great", so cheated a bit with Star Wars and Rocky, as I mean basically the entire story not just the first film - whereas T2 gets in on its own merit in spite of every film that came after it (although T1 was also great)
That top 7 are films that I've watched over the years that have stood the test of time for me and I've either, or would, watch them again and again.

And since I watch more kids films that adult ones these days, Coco is just brilliant. And the concept of a final death hurts in a place I didn't even know existed.

Back