Post match interview he needs to go

We were better between the boxes 🤷‍♂️
Can't believe that comment mind. So basically we could pass the ball aimlessly around the middle of the pitch quite well (even though we generally missed out the middle three and hoofed it up to no one). Couldn't defend or attack though. When is Huggins back? Could do with an actual right back. Give Alves a shot. Hopefully broadhead gets fit in the two cup games.

He'll get a bit longer, but now we've got a director of football type model (I know speakman isn't technically a DoF) sacking the head coach isn't the nuclear option it once was. In theory nothing would change apart from the bloke organising and putting out the teams. The minimum aim has to be promotion, if this run doesn't turn around and if the obvious coaching related issues don't improve, it'll be very hard to make a case for sticking with him. He can't afford many more defeats which is a worry since we don't look close to turning this around consistently

Said to my brother a few weeks back that I wasn't as confident as some with our early season form. Yes we were getting results but I didn't see the dominant wins some seemed to think we were getting. I said to him then I could easily see this team going on a poor run. Hopefully we can get out of this shambles sooner rather than later because the drop in form has been shocking to say the least.
It's about that time of year now we sack another 3rd division manager and make excuses for the next incumbent being hamstrung by the previous managers players. I do hope that isn't the case again

Nothing wrong with that interview
It was better than the last one. He done well before and after but during the interview the reporter performed better.
Said to my brother a few weeks back that I wasn't as confident as some with our early season form. Yes we were getting results but I didn't see the dominant wins some seemed to think we were getting. I said to him then I could easily see this team going on a poor run. Hopefully we can get out of this shambles sooner rather than later because the drop in form has been shocking to say the least.
It's about that time of year now we sack another 3rd division manager and make excuses for the next incumbent being hamstrung by the previous managers players. I do hope that isn't the case again
I thought the same, great results, some great performances but some mediocre ones as well where the results flattered us.

Last edited:
It was better than the last one. He done well before and after but during the interview the reporter performed better.

I thought the same, great results, some great performances but some mediocre ones as well where the results flattered us.

In patches we were great

Think he spoke bollocks and had ice in the belly and rabbits in head lights in the eyes. Fuck it. We are an absolute f***ing shambles and he deserves to go. Teams have worked out how we play because they have a more forward thinking coach that drills them for the game. Our coach is then outdone and has zero answer, because it is too little too late. Time for p45 alley
This.

Probably there was always a chance this was going to happen.
A 17/18 year old centre half , 19 year old left back both in their first season of senior football. A 19 year old centre midfielder in his first full season.
You can’t put too much blame on those lads they’re all good players who will get better but will be found out now and then.
Our problem is our experienced players O’Nien, Flanagan, Gooch and O’Brien etc we need to do better than these players to improve the team and help the younger players out.
That’s where the recruitment should be aimed in January.

Delusional-he has completely lost it. Though at times I was almost believing him. Wish the team was as proficient at football as he is at bullsh.tting.

I wouldn’t take the post match interviews too seriously, his turn of phrase is a bit irritating but besides that we just have to lick our wounds, look at the table and keep going. If results continue to suggest we’re not able to cut it against promotional rivals then he should go though.

Nothing wrong with that interview
How many points do we get for a good interview.
No action in POMO areas.
Big, big decisions for Speakman, KLD and co now.
These last few weeks have seen the biggest hidings and most inept performances since we came down into this backwater. The drop off in results is frightening and Johnson looked shot to bits in his interview.
He's been shot to bits throughout his management career 400 plus games and done nothing of note. He's just another failure on the manager merry go round paid handsomely to fail. Still can't fathom out how he was appointed and hopefully he's gone very soon and take his 'philosophy' with him.

Last edited:
2 down at half time, we did have a chance to take it to them, for all Sheff Wed scored 3, they were piss poor, but Johnson, being Johnson can't being himself to f#cking change anything till there's 70 mins on the board and even then he brings on Pritchard when we needed Broadhead.

I couldn't watch that interview in full, because I'm so annoyed with the bloke!...how the f#ck have we went from a high pressing game with good energy to a one where we cant string a few 5 yrd passes together??

We've reverted back to the poor end of last season with questionable tactics, lack of energy, piss poor substitutions and f#cking rank game management!!!
Good summing up. A few games ago we were winning easily 4-0 away, about 15 minutes to go and he brought on Baily Wright with two young blokes who had performed well in cup and under 23 games sitting on the bench. That did it for me, he simply cannot change his ways and when the opposition wise up, like they have, he simply has no answer.
I should really add to this, that I like our attacking, pressing style WHEN it is working and the last thing I want to see is us go all negative and defensive.
What pressing, it's been missing for weeks now, replaced by the pointless passing the ball sideways and backwards routine. How is that gonna get you goals, you only give the opposition extra time to get their shape right. Sometimes it's more like watching a Parkinson team.

Last edited:

Back