Post a picture of your kit, ie: camera, lens, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Leica looks like the dog's doodahs.

That's the model, rather than the exact camera. Looks to be in great nick like, and it's recently serviced.

Got it from mwclassic.com. They are a pain in the arse to deal with (the website is awful and they take ages to reply to emails), but from other forums they are supposed to be excellent when it comes to delivery, returns, accuracy of description etc.

Very cheap too, the cheapest I've found this side of the pond anyway.

I'm just starting out with photography, after taking a look through the albums you all have i'm pretty impressed. I've just treated myself to one of these:

Logon or register to see this image

Slowly making my way through the handbook now. Any hints/tips that you have picked up please let me know! When i've gained a bit more confidence I might start to upload something on to flikr.

I'm just starting out with photography, after taking a look through the albums you all have i'm pretty impressed. I've just treated myself to one of these:

Logon or register to see this image

Slowly making my way through the handbook now. Any hints/tips that you have picked up please let me know! When i've gained a bit more confidence I might start to upload something on to flikr.

My camera above is the previous model to yours, did you get it in white? I always liked the white k-m but nobody sold it in Edinburgh or online for a reasonable price! :oops:

Great starter kit though!

My camera above is the previous model to yours, did you get it in white? I always liked the white k-m but nobody sold it in Edinburgh or online for a reasonable price! :oops:

Great starter kit though!

Thanks. I bought mine online, seemed to have the better deals. And yeahe got it in white, looks great... just have to keep it clean!

Sounds like a daft piece of advice, but just take lots and lots of photos, upload them to Flickr, and have a look through photos of a similar style. It's a good way to find out what you might want to try next time, what's working, what's not etc.

I also found this book really useful - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Kelby...8737/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295083656&sr=8-1
- haven't read 3, but 1 and 2 were well handy.

And definitely post some pictures on here. We're at completely different levels, plus everyone has their own particular styles. You'll get some good, constructive advice. Have a go at the competition too. It's a great way to get you try out a new style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back