Post a pic of your axe

I have a semi acoustic Kimbara(70's), dark brown with cutout, but I cannot find any similar model on the internet at all, just other models of this make? It has a lovely moody tone to it and is very easy on the fingers. I love it:)

gibson sg standard 1967 (had since new) battered a bit now but sounds as good if not better than ever.

usa strat 1986? (ish) - lace sensors, slightly higher action for bottleneck.

mongrel strat - mexican body, maple neck, us lace sensor pickups hot wired for all combinations. lower action than above.

yamaha something lying about the place. rgx possibly?

don`t know how to copy pics

roland guitar synth & pickup somewhere

Last edited:
The Tanglewood looks a nice piece of kit like.
tis aye.Got a lovely sound on it.You seem to get all the tone of the dot and variants without the well critisised feedback problems. it was cheep when i got it, i only payed 195 for it with about 50 bar knocked off,but i think theyre up to the 325-350 mark now so i think they may have pushed themselves into epiphone territory and may soon feel the pinch because of it. Its a shame because tanglewood arnt a bad maker

I have a semi acoustic Kimbara(70's), dark brown with cutout, but I cannot find any similar model on the internet at all, just other models of this make? It has a lovely moody tone to it and is very easy on the fingers. I love it:)

Stick a pic up as I don't think that I have seen one of those!

gibson sg standard 1967 (had since new) battered a bit now but sounds as good if not better than ever.

mongrel strat - mexican body, maple neck, us lace sensor pickups hot wired for all combinations. lower action than above.

Pop that SG sounds a bit nice.

As Micheal Shencker once said, a guitar never sounds right till its been broken once or twice

tis aye.Got a lovely sound on it.You seem to get all the tone of the dot and variants without the well critisised feedback problems. it was cheep when i got it, i only payed 195 for it with about 50 bar knocked off,but i think theyre up to the 325-350 mark now so i think they may have pushed themselves into epiphone territory and may soon feel the pinch because of it. Its a shame because tanglewood arnt a bad maker

It's not really about the price is it though? It is the guitar and how it feels and the sound that you want.

It's not really about the price is it though? It is the guitar and how it feels and the sound that you want.
i know that, you know that but do the thousands of noel gallagher wannabes?All they`ll see is an epiphone is easily within their reach like their idol and miss out on something that really is a dream to play.Having said that i only ever wanted a semi cos im really a BB King wannabe at heart:lol:

As Micheal Shencker once said, a guitar never sounds right till its been broken once or twice

had a white sg special broke at farringdon club. was stood up & dozy concert chairman gave the curtains a mighty swish. knocked guitar over & broke its neck. had to be restrained from breaking his. :evil::evil::evil:

Back