Portsmouth

My distain for them begins and ends with the EFL Trophy final a few years back. I was about two rows from the front which is in stark contrast to the EFL Cup final when I was all the way up at the top. I saw the penalty shootout and when Lee Cattermole failed to convert his I saw the thousands of Portsmouth supporters celebrating. Everything I felt about them started.

That’s it. I have no other reason to dislike them.

I don’t think they will do an Ipswich Town. More like a Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope now that Southampton don’t go up. A Southampton/Portsmouth rivalry would be great for the Championship.

My distain for them begins and ends with the EFL Trophy final a few years back. I was about two rows from the front which is in stark contrast to the EFL Cup final when I was all the way up at the top. I saw the penalty shootout and when Lee Cattermole failed to convert his I saw the thousands of Portsmouth supporters celebrating. Everything I felt about them started.

That’s it. I have no other reason to dislike them.

I don’t think they will do an Ipswich Town. More like a Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope now that Southampton don’t go up. A Southampton/Portsmouth rivalry would be great for the Championship.
So you dislike them because they beat us in a penalty shoot out?

It’ll be a good fixture to see on next season’s calendar, as would Derby and Bolton - all good historic clubs. Much rather them in the Championship than the likes of Posh, Lincoln or Stevenage.

Back