Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeys game on Saturday postponed because of victorious festival?? It’s an annual event so they knew it’s happening, surely they should automatically be allocated an away fixture for this weekend
It also means that by the time they next play, we could be 7 points clear of them already (IF we beat Wimbledon!). And because of that, Pompey's next game is away at Blackpool, who've had a canny start with 10 points from 4 games, currently. If they got to Blackpool and lose, well then it becomes a properly ropey start to the season for them.

Last edited:
Portsmouth fans on Twitter have turned like. Lot of them want Jackett gone. Wasn't overly impressed with them last year, they were awkward and difficult matches against them but I would probably say they were 5/6 teams that I thought were better. Coventry would be one. I think they might cause one or two shocks this season.

Pompey's defence is woeful. Raggett and Burgess both poor defending/distribution-wise and Walkes so bad he didnt even make the squad after his performance last Saturday. A midfielder preferred to him today will knock his confidence no end.

Not gonna be the kind of team that can grind out a 1-0 win.
Pompeys game on Saturday postponed because of victorious festival?? It’s an annual event so they knew it’s happening, surely they should automatically be allocated an away fixture for this weekend

They asked for and were aready allocated 1st game away due to ground improvement works. Surprisingly the improvements didn't involve pulling it down.

Last edited:
Portsmouth fans on Twitter have turned like. Lot of them want Jackett gone. Wasn't overly impressed with them last year, they were awkward and difficult matches against them but I would probably say they were 5/6 teams that I thought were better. Coventry would be one. I think they might cause one or two shocks this season.
I did say on here that we had put together a decent squad. But it was said ti have been sour grapes because I had said we were glad we had got rid of our calamity GK, replaced Willis with a more solid, experienced defender in McFazdean and had IMHO signed a better striker in Godden.

Time will tell. But only 1 league game in 4 where we have been scored against. And our 0-0 against Bolton was all down to the ref. We had 3 disallowed goals for offside. And on one of them there was a player on the floor in front of the ball.

There is a long way to go. But we are both shaping up well. Add Luton and maybe Blackpool for fighting for the top 2 places.

I did say on here that we had put together a decent squad. But it was said ti have been sour grapes because I had said we were glad we had got rid of our calamity GK, replaced Willis with a more solid, experienced defender in McFazdean and had IMHO signed a better striker in Godden.

Time will tell. But only 1 league game in 4 where we have been scored against. And our 0-0 against Bolton was all down to the ref. We had 3 disallowed goals for offside. And on one of them there was a player on the floor in front of the ball.

There is a long way to go. But we are both shaping up well. Add Luton and maybe Blackpool for fighting for the top 2 places.
I can't see Luton posing much of a threat.

Where did it go wrong @chave ? 9 men and 3-1 up any team should be home and hosed then.
Valiant backs against the wall draw against 9 men 👍

It went wrong because we didn't have enough creative players on the pitch and our defense was extremely fragile. Something fundamental has gone wrong with this team at the moment. Either needs to switch round quick, or Jackett will be gone.

In Coventry's credit, they looked good going forward and deserved their point overall. Sitting back against them was always a risky plan.

Will be surprised if Luton do anything in league one this season mind.

Their game at the weekend against Rotherham has been postponed. Possible 7 point gap Saturday then Bury of which won't be played. Fixture pile up.

Pompey's defence is woeful. Raggett and Burgess both poor defending/distribution-wise and Walkes so bad he didnt even make the squad after his performance last Saturday. A midfielder preferred to him today will knock his confidence no end.

Not gonna be the kind of team that can grind out a 1-0 win.

They asked for and were aready allocated 1st game away due to ground improvement works. Surprisingly the improvements didn't involve pulling it down.

Burgess has always looked like he’s too busy winding people up and arguing the toss to focus on actually playing football to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back