Pop Master

Two 39s already in the first week, much better chance of getting one when the songs are only 60s-90s. The scoring is a bit crap and the host isn't as good as Ken, but can see myself going back to Ten To The Top unfortunately. Can't really call a quiz Pop Master when you're ignoring the last 20 odd years of music.

Two 39s already in the first week, much better chance of getting one when the songs are only 60s-90s. The scoring is a bit crap and the host isn't as good as Ken, but can see myself going back to Ten To The Top unfortunately. Can't really call a quiz Pop Master when you're ignoring the last 20 odd years of music.
Think it's a generational thing mate.
Radio 2 have made it quite clear that they really aren't bothered about my generation any longer (58).
I'm pretty much done with it now apart from Johnny Walker and I don't mind Sarah Cox.
Ads are annoying on commercial radio, but I'll get used to it.
Just things moving on I suppose.

Radio 2 have made it quite clear that they really aren't bothered about my generation any longer (58).
I'm pretty much done with it now apart from Johnny Walker and I don't mind Sarah Cox.
Just a shame really, Pop Master on Radio 2 was still mostly older stuff but you got a guaranteed 2-3 questions on modern stuff. We do it as a team at work and we've got a mix of 20-65 year olds so it kept everyone engaged. There's only been like 3 questions this week that have been relevant to the 21st century so some of the younger members of our team have lost interest.

A lot of the Commercial stations are pushing their subscriptions to have their stations AD FREE, my mate is on a 3 month trial for Absolute Radio, so gets all their station Ad Free, plus extra stations through the app, and can skip songs, so "live" radio must be a thing of the past and they must all just record intros and promos that get pushed out intermittently through shows (like listening to Metro in the car the other week but driving south and as it changed stations the further i drove, the same presenter based in london (or wherever) doing intros with other station idents) Network radio is mental

Used to love the BBC, too old for BBCR1, am ok with R2 to a certain extent, on and off with 6Music... but do find i drift toward commercial stations more and more

Just a shame really, Pop Master on Radio 2 was still mostly older stuff but you got a guaranteed 2-3 questions on modern stuff. We do it as a team at work and we've got a mix of 20-65 year olds so it kept everyone engaged. There's only been like 3 questions this week that have been relevant to the 21st century so some of the younger members of our team have lost interest.
Sounds like your stuck with 10 to the top then mate.
I'm just a bit stuck in my ways mate, and prefer Ken.
Proper first world issue though really🤣

Ken's settling -in quite nicely now.
Ha'way Pop Master.

Auntie can ramm "10 to the top" now that Sir Ken the Meister has returned to the airways.
Yeah I’ve got the app uploaded and listen just the same as before really. Thought the audio was a bit crap on day one but they’ve improved it now.
Makes sense to me. Pop music doesn’t exist in the same way anymore since TOTP died and then the Top 40 rundown.
It’s total bollocks. Some wanker like Sheeran has had twice as many hits as The Beatles 🤣

Last edited:
Pretty shocking how it took two days to sort the sound issues out on Popmaster.

Anyone else notice how Popmaster and Ten to the Top had variations of the same question Liza Minelli(losing my mind) within just a couple of episodes or so?
That ten to the top is a hard listen, doesn't seem to flow for me & not a fan of going back to one point after getting a question wrong 😕
Is it just me that thinks asking how long 'Two Tribes' was at number one is a ridiculous question? 39 years ago man!

Last edited:
Pretty shocking how it took two days to sort the sound issues out on Popmaster.

Anyone else notice how Popmaster and Ten to the Top had variations of the same question Liza Minelli(losing my mind) within just a couple of episodes or so?

Is it just me that thinks asking how long 'Two Tribes' was at number one is a ridiculous question? 39 years ago man!
Yeah, heard that this morning and thought WTF, even a die hard fan would struggle with a question like that 😒

Is Ken’s nee station available on the car wireless? Have a flick about but couldn’t get it

New ten to the top is shite in my opinion, although I don’t mind Scott whatshisname and love the drive home show on radio 2

Back