Pontins Roof colapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Prosser and her husband were also in the room when the ceiling fell.

Unfortunate name

Rich people who don’t like the sun. It’s cheaper to go abroad.

Ah aye fair play, nowhere quite like them if you've got a fortune in the bank.

Forgot the convoy of Bentleys & Maseratis I saw on me last visit to Haggerston Castle.

Ah aye fair play, nowhere quite like them if you've got a fortune in the bank.

Forgot the convoy of Bentleys & Maseratis I saw on me last visit to Haggerston Castle.
I was thinking of Butlins. A week in Pontins at peak time is only about £600 for the family. Butlins is £300 per person.

Booked to stay at Pontins Southport for a short weekend break with two babies and 6 adults, of course like any short break you are looking forward to going, and for £9.50 each you expect it to be basic and especially CLEAN.

:eek:

I stayed here as part of a kids footy weekend.

Its absolutely disgusting, I don't know how they dare stay open.

We had to book 3 nights for the tournament and they tried to force everyone to stay the third night by delaying the presentations and locking the barrier!

As soon as the last award was presented (by Ron Atkinson, no less) the whole camp emptied like there was a fire alarm.
Dads outside with packed cars, running engines and doors open. It was hilarious to watch.

Everyone drove off to the gate to find it locked and they staff saying that the gates were locked at this time every night for security and would open
again until the morning!

Obviously it didn't take to long for them to crack, the gates opened and the whole site cleared.

I'd never go back.

Speaking from experience there Dave lad ?
Thowt it was just music fans meself like.
Never been. But I have friends who go every year and I’ve seen the photos. They treat it like a hen night.

I stayed here as part of a kids footy weekend.

Its absolutely disgusting, I don't know how they dare stay open.

We had to book 3 nights for the tournament and they tried to force everyone to stay the third night by delaying the presentations and locking the barrier!

As soon as the last award was presented (by Ron Atkinson, no less) the whole camp emptied like there was a fire alarm.
Dads outside with packed cars, running engines and doors open. It was hilarious to watch.

Everyone drove off to the gate to find it locked and they staff saying that the gates were locked at this time every night for security and would open
again until the morning!

Obviously it didn't take to long for them to crack, the gates opened and the whole site cleared.

I'd never go back.
What was so bad?

Never been. But I have friends who go every year and I’ve seen the photos. They treat it like a hen night.

What was so bad?

Sticky floors,
mould on the windows,
a booted in front door with plywood screwed to it to hide the hole,
dirty bathroom,
plastic school chairs in the room,
cleaners asking us to hand in any drugs we found as they turned up all over the place after ave weekends
Flaking paintwork
Crappy CRT TV with 3 channels
Overpriced beer and food
Poor quality food

The whole place is basically dirty and in a poor state of repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back