Pompey away

Cheapest / best way to get down from up north? Should be working in Manchester.

Used to get the flight from Mcr to Southampton but it doesn’t run anymore.

I have family that live in Gosport so I'll just be making it a weekend stopover.

I hardly ever step foot from out of the Gun Wharf when I'm there though. Too many places you just don't want to be and that's coming from locals XD

Cheapest / best way to get down from up north? Should be working in Manchester.

Used to get the flight from Mcr to Southampton but it doesn’t run anymore.

Cheapest way? You better start walking now. 😉

I would guess National Express.

Cannit say on the Manchester - London bit, but trains run direct from Waterloo (often, South Western Railways) or Victoria (Southern, less often but can often get a £10 single).

I’ll be travelling on the train from Bristol, can’t wait, got it for £50 return aswell so not bad. Will pay a visit

Last edited:
It's not called dog shit city for nowt yer knarrs.

We were back down visiting her famalam in June she's from stsmshaw and they're in gospshit. I was based there for many years and I can categorically confirm the place is an absolute hovel. Even gunwharf is full of chavvy types now. Oh well at least I have fond memories of Temeraire

It's not called dog shit city for nowt yer knarrs.

We were back down visiting her famalam in June she's from stsmshaw and they're in gospshit. I was based there for many years and I can categorically confirm the place is an absolute hovel. Even gunwharf is full of chavvy types now. Oh well at least I have fond memories of Temeraire

I don't think anyone's expecting to spend the day/weekend in Mayfair like. Naval ports are usually noted for being a bit rough and ready.

Any MLF's travelling always welcome in the Pompey PO Club. Get to see an SMB legend anarl. ;)

Snooker tables, pool table, juke box, kids more than welcome.

If anyone wants any advice or owt about the city gizza shout, always happy to help out a Sunderland fan.
I will be there, not sure about Riv this time. Seems to have gone undercover!

Back