POLL - Who do you want to be our next manager?

Who do you want to be our next manager?

• Danny Cowley

Votes: 80 14.2%
  • Gustavo Poyet

Votes: 80 14.2%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 198 35.1%
  • John O'Shea

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Lee Johnson

Votes: 31 5.5%
  • Sol Campbell

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • Kevin Phillips

Votes: 21 3.7%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 59 10.5%
  • Daniel Stendel

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Jocelyn Gourvennec

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Pep Clotet

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • John Terry

Votes: 6 1.1%
  • Steve McClaren

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Nigel Adkins

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Julio Arca

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Paul Cook

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Graham Alexander

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Other (Please name below)

Votes: 10 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve gone for Pearson but TBH there are a few on that list I’d be very happy with (none of which will get the job) and another couple I wouldn’t grumble at.

I might end up switching my vote between Pearson, Poyet (if he ends up back in contention) and Gourvenec over the next week or so.

None of the above. And I haven’t a suggestion either.

With the structure the club look to be putting in place the SD should go out and appoint the best coach he possibly can that will inform our playing ID for the foreseeable.

Pearson, SKP as assistant and bring that Shakespeare fella into the mix as first team coach. Be showing Hull who’s boss.

Out of those listed Poyet, but that's obviously not an option now so I'll go for Pearson.

Not a fan of his at all but he's much better than anyone else listed there with the exception of Howe who isn't realistic.

For those voting for Pearson ponder his recent management record for a while. He did a very good job at Leicester and produced some excellent results initially in his short period at Watford. However his two jobs between The Foxes and The Hornets were five months and three wins at Derby and eighteen months with a win rate of 32.1% in Belgium.

For those voting for Pearson ponder his recent management record for a while. He did a very good job at Leicester and produced some excellent results initially in his short period at Watford. However his two jobs between The Foxes and The Hornets were five months and three wins at Derby and eighteen months with a win rate of 32.1% in Belgium.
Wasn’t there board interference at Derby? I can’t speak for his stint in Belgium, but is he not a serious contender for a job in league one because of a mediocre 18 months in a foreign league?

Why is Eddie Howe on the list man? :lol:
Wasn’t there board interference at Derby? I can’t speak for his stint in Belgium, but is he not a serious contender for a job in league one because of a mediocre 18 months in a foreign league?

There is board inteference at a lot of clubs, times have changed, clubs dont let managers have a total hold over the whole club any more

If wiki is to be believed there was a row between Mel Morris and Pearson when Morris was using drones to observe the training sessions; ironic considering spy-gate when Leeds did it. I'd backed Derby ante-post that season and I just remember the season never took off in Pearson's short time there.
I would say that losing more matches than he won in a league of such poor quality as the Belgian top-flight should be cause for concern.

I have gone Eddie Howe but would be happy with Pearson Cowley Lowe and a few other on there Inc JoS.
I'm still expecting quite a left field appointment though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back