RTG Poll: Jack Ross in or out? - poll closed

Jack Ross in or out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Presuming this place is roughly a representative sample of SAFC’s fanbase, for every 4 Sunderland supporters you meet only 1 wants Jack Ross to stay. That’s damning.
He is on borrowed time, simple as that. Once you lose the fan base you are in big trouble.

He had a difficult job in some aspects sure, but he did still have the best squad to pick from for the whole of last season and this season. If you disagree I challenge you (or anyone) to inform me which squad was better last season. Not talking league position but on talent alone. In that respect he really should be doing better and has had an easier job than others. Plus he was very well financially backed, both in terms of transfer fees paid and in wages paid, relative to this level
The other sides around us had more settled sides which I think played a part (Jardine usually comes out with some shite about Barnsley signing more reserve players or something, but it's a fact) and we really were not far off promotion.

Plus factoring in the amount of games with the cup run, and although our best players were better there's others like Wyke and Flanagan who looked no better than any other average league one player we faced, I didn't expect to walk it. So I'm willing to give him a pass for last season, but nothing seems to have changed.

I figured with a complete summer and only a few signings needing to be added, we'd at the very least have an identity this year but we just don't. Our glaring weakness in my opinion were CB and a lack of pace throughout the team. Willis looks alright, but we've got significantly worse at full back, and pace is nowhere to be seen.

I'd be happy if he just stuck to an 11 and played them every game for next 5 games.

Give the team a chance to actually gel and you never know they might actually look like a team

Results are getting gradually worse. Performances are dreadful. He hasn’t got a clue how to organise a defence. He hasn’t a clue what his best team is. Hasn’t a clue what formation to use.

The other sides around us had more settled sides which I think played a part (Jardine usually comes out with some shite about Barnsley signing more reserve players or something, but it's a fact) and we really were not far off promotion.

Plus factoring in the amount of games with the cup run, and although our best players were better there's others like Wyke and Flanagan who looked no better than any other average league one player we faced, I didn't expect to walk it. So I'm willing to give him a pass for last season, but nothing seems to have changed.

I figured with a complete summer and only a few signings needing to be added, we'd at the very least have an identity this year but we just don't. Our glaring weakness in my opinion were CB and a lack of pace throughout the team. Willis looks alright, but we've got significantly worse at full back, and pace is nowhere to be seen.

The settled thing doesn’t wash when we started well and deteriorated for me. If we started poorly, got better and finished 5th I could live with that, but any uncertainty and struggle should have occurred early season not in April/May. That’s what I find unforgivable
He’s had the equivalent of almost 2 premier league seasons so far.

He’s won 14 of his last 34. Not good enough.

Couldn’t agree more. What’s worrying is that we are continuing to get worse every single game. No progression at all since last September

Last edited:
was happy enough to see where we were after 10 games but after 8 he's not improved the teams' output much at all. got rid of the 3 at the back (for now) which is a positive.
feel he's been a little hamstrung with our recruitment (cost cutting) but still not getting the best out of the team as a whole.
we looked like a pub team for the Rotherham equaliser, absolutely shocking.

A hell of a lot of “Fans” on here are making this board embarrassing. Some of the behaviour, posts and demanding the sacking of our Manager is simply “Magesque”.
I’m struggling to believe that any of them are over the age of 30 !!

Most of them are probably middle aged blokes tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back