POLL. Is RAWA converting to a Supporters' Trust a good idea?

Would you support a RAWA Supporters' Trust?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

6inarow

Winger

All makes sense to me, we seem to be behind a lot of other clubs on this, could lead us to have a stake in the club

Last edited:

All makes sense to me, we seem to be behind a lot of other clubs on this, could lead us to have a steak in the club

Medium rare, no sauce please.

At the first AGM I voted against the idea of a paid membership tier for several reasons but I'm likely to support it this time, just need a good amount of detail regarding how it will work

Yep, I would have no problem giving subs for a trust that will be heard and be consulted about decision making before the horse has bolted

Last edited:
I think it's probably a decent idea overall, but I also think they would need to be very clear about the roles and responsibilities. Things like the statement they issued at xmas with no consultation concern me.
I would imagine it means members would have to be consulted and even vote before any actions are taken. I'd be more encouraged that we won't see a repeat of last weeks debacle meaning the club will now miss out on thousands of pounds in srason ticket money.

I opposed the move to a Trust at the first RAWA AGM, as I thought it was too early. However, I now think that the time is right. The past week has fully illustrated the need for greater fan representation and influence at SAFC board level.

I would imagine it means members would have to be consulted and even vote before any actions are taken. I'd be more encouraged that we won't see a repeat of last weeks debacle meaning the club will now miss out on thousands of pounds in srason ticket money.
Not sure how it would do that initially, but should open up more opportunities int he future.
They would just need to be very clear what they can and can't do imo.

I voted against giving them dosh the first time too. I would put their ideas under VERY close scrutiny before agreeing to give them anything this time too...

Nowt wrong with that, I voted against it first time as well and would still like some extra information about it. The main thing that's changed for me is that I've seen how easily groups can be sidelined should owners so wish. I think groups like RAWA are a positive, but if the owners only meaningfully engage when things are going well its an issue because it's when things are going badly that you'd really want fan input / oversight. Hopefully any potential issues can be raised here and passed on

Not sure how it would do that initially, but should open up more opportunities int he future.
They would just need to be very clear what they can and can't do imo.

There are very clear legal restraints covering community benefit entities, broadly similar to, but not quite so tight as the controls over public benefit entities (aka charities). In addition, it will be regulated by the FCA.

There are very clear legal restraints covering community benefit entities, broadly similar to, but not quite so tight as the controls over public benefit entities (aka charities). In addition, it will be regulated by the FCA.
I meant more the example of putting put a statement wanting the owners to leave. I think that kind of process needs to be locked down.

At the first AGM I voted against the idea of a paid membership tier for several reasons but I'm likely to support it this time, just need a good amount of detail regarding how it will work
I think we all agreed at that meeting to gain more info as it was too soon....seems like the info is straight forward and need s to be discussed with members and I too agree i'd be up for it this time around.. It also needs to be put into the general domain for other fans to be invited join RAWA who have not yet done so.

I think we all agreed at that meeting to gain more info as it was too soon....seems like the info is straight forward and need s to be discussed with members and I too agree i'd be up for it this time around.. It also needs to be put into the general domain for other fans to be invited join RAWA who have not yet done so.

Agreed. My issue wasn't that it was a bad idea, I just felt I hadn't heard about it until the AGM and it seemed a bit quick. I strongly believe that there should always be a free membership available (which there will be), but also wanted clarity that it was one person one vote (which it seems to be) because I didn't want anyone to be able to effectively buy influence. If issues arise, how will the RAWA position be decided (which was sort of shown in the statement issue; some say it should be a members vote, others say the committee are voted in and should make the calls and if people aren't happy they can vote them out next time, I just felt whichever way it was it needed clarifying, what does the committee decide, when do they go to members and so on).

I'm more comfortable with it now because it's been shown how easily groups can be shut out when they're on the outside, this would give an opportunity to change that somewhat. I also feel that we've got a while to look at the info that's out there and ask questions before voting so can be more informed. In the interests of full disclosure I should mention that I'm now one of the co-opted reps for RAWA, but if I thought it was a bad idea or poorly thought out I'd still vote against it. As it stands I know a bit more about the people who would be putting it in place and I think they're good, competent people, so I've got more trust in it now and feel I've got most of the answers I want. Currently I intend voting for it, but I'll carefully weigh up any further info that comes up.

Last edited:
Agreed. My issue wasn't that it was a bad idea, I just felt I hadn't heard about it until the AGM and it seemed a bit quick. I strongly believe that there should always be a free membership available (which there will be), but also wanted clarity that it was one person one vote (which it seems to be) because I didn't want anyone to be able to effectively buy influence. If issues arise, how will the RAWA position be decided (which was sort of shown in the statement issue; some say it should be a members vote, others say the committee are voted in and should make the calls and if people aren't happy they can vote them out next time, I just felt whichever way it was it needed clarifying, what does the committee decide, when do they go to members and so on).

I'm more comfortable with it now because it's been shown how easily groups can be shut out when they're on the outside, this would give an opportunity to change that somewhat. I also feel that we've got a while to look at the info that's out there and ask questions before voting so can be more informed. In the interests of full disclosure I should mention that I'm now one of the co-opted reps for RAWA, but if I thought it was a bad idea or poorly thought out I'd still vote against it. As it stands I know a bit more about the people who would be putting it in place and I think they're good people, so I've got more trust in it now and feel I've got most of the answers I want Currently I intend voting for it, but I'll carefully weigh up any further info that comes up.
Think most voices agreed that it should be a free membership and the one vote. It was just how we eventually got there . You have to give credit to RAWA for the work they have obviously put in to issue this information newsletter. Now they have published some facts about this Supporters Trust we can all base a judgement that can be put to members and agreed or not. to proceed. It looks pretty straightforward which seems to be straight forward. These statements put out by the owners and the CEO in particular,has resulted in RAWA quickly progressing the Trust since the events of last week. ..

I'm sure most supporters will see that there is a desperate need to for the supporters to question and hold the Club to account.. No one else will do it, the Chronicle? the Echo?. Whether you like it or not, questions to the club need to be put by someone ,without fear or favour, RAWA do that on our behalf, who else is going to do it, the Echo?, the Chronicle? Madbob?. I don't expect those questions put to by RAWA to Rodwell will bear fruit as I think he doesn't gives a damn over the debacle he has created. He has sown the seeds and is now reaping the Whirlwind.

It has never been more vital to have a voice representing the supporters that all fans groups come together under, that is RAWA when it was formed and as far as I know, remains the case. To look after the interests of the supporters of our Club..I keep saying that, our club, it is ours, not theirs. They are custodians only. When they are gone, it will not be soon enough for me.

As for those poster who come on on here to continually complain and snipe at the fans groups claiming not been given or seen information from the meetings or topics discussed on RTG or disagree with the fans groups ( RAWA, ALS,RTG,RR ,They don't speak for me.. etc) now, imo, need to grow some and stand up to be counted. if they really want the best for our Club make sure you do participate in the supporters trust.. I ask again ,who is going to speak for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back