Political correctness in TV ads

Ah the feminists ! Quite rightly abhor men telling women what they can do / wear / think.

So instead they tell women what they can do / wear / think.

I suggested to a feminist friend that if mysogany is classified as a hate crime then , equally , mis

There’s a lot at stake mate.

The liberal wokeys can be viscious if an individual or organisation doesn’t align with their agenda.

The bad press can be catastrophic.
Did your reply to me stop half way through or am I reading it wrong? Typical idiotic white male :lol:
But no-one on this thread is upset
I am and I'm so offended right now.

It's all just a bit fake isn't it really? Like I'm meant to believe some multi million or billion pound company gives a shit. If it was 50 years ago they'd be hammering black people if they felt it would up their revenues.

Adverts in general piss me off though, cant remember the last time I watched normal tele.
Yeah I agree.
Everyone should be represented and be treated fairly but shoehorning people in imo is actually more insulting.

Adverts are there to sell stuff, nothing more, nothing less. If brands think they can appeal to a target demographic by casting someone different from the norm, that's what they'll do.
It's not about ticking boxes, or being PC, it's about making money.

Mind, I'd happily boot my telly off the stand if I ever have to suffer another poet on a Nationwide advert.

Nah, it's all about ticking boxes.the majority of people in the UK are still white and British if you go off ethnicity bandings. It's all about ticking boxes and being PC.

Back