Plumbers? What brands of taps are decent?

PTR

Striker
Looking to buy one of those lift away kitchen mixer taps with the shower-head type end on them.

Not looking to spend £350 on a Grohe, but also don't want to buy something that's just going to fail after a few months.

Usually like Bristan, but hearing they aren't what they were?
Any suggestions?

Most mixer taps I’ve bought haven’t lasted more than a few yrs before they’ve started leaking.

I have some old fashioned separate taps which are really ancient,, yet apart from replacing a washer every ten yrs or so they are no bother.

Is this typical ?

Most mixer taps I’ve bought haven’t lasted more than a few yrs before they’ve started leaking.
I have some old fashioned separate taps which are really ancient,, yet apart from replacing a washer every ten yrs or so they are no bother.
Is this typical ?
Aye, the ceramic disc things that replaced old fashioned washers can break in a couple of years on cheap units - that's why I had to replace my last kitchen tap, and bought an expensive Bristan one which was far better and serviceable if it breaks in future (unlike the original where the part was the same price as a new tap!)

Aye, the ceramic disc things that replaced old fashioned washers can break in a couple of years on cheap units - that's why I had to replace my last kitchen tap, and bought an expensive Bristan one which was far better and serviceable if it breaks in future (unlike the original where the part was the same price as a new tap!)
pretty much pot luck with whatever brand you go for these days

Looking to buy one of those lift away kitchen mixer taps with the shower-head type end on them.

Not looking to spend £350 on a Grohe, but also don't want to buy something that's just going to fail after a few months.

Any suggestions?
Try vado mate, plenty of ranges and come with a 10yr guarentee iirc, and not too expensive either

Think I'll stick with Bristan then, might cost £50 more, but hopefully it'll last a bit longer and save on the bother of refitting another one one day.

Any suggestions?

I cannot remember ever having a problem with a tap in my house and the last lot must've been in well over 20 years, not even a drip.

Back