Plumbers of the SMB

Be a pain in the arse since it’s solvent welded together, could try gently trying to chisel it off with a sharp wood chisel but may well fk the soil pipe.
Can you not put another boss strap on below the leaking one and seal the leaky one?
Or apply more solvent weld to where the leak is? I’m assuming it’s under the strap?

Be a pain in the arse since it’s solvent welded together, could try gently trying to chisel it off with a sharp wood chisel but may well fk the soil pipe.
Can you not put another boss strap on below the leaking one and seal the leaky one?
Or apply more solvent weld to where the leak is? I’m assuming it’s under the strap?

I hadn’t thought about just putting another one in tbh. I think it only leaks when the sink is draining (and the washer, which is connected to the sink drain pipe)

I’ll stick a photo in.
Logon or register to see this image

The leak is coming from underneath those teardrop shaped bits of plastic I think.

Last edited:
I hadn’t thought about just putting another one in tbh. I think it only leaks when the sink is draining (and the washer, which is connected to the sink drain pipe)

I’ll stick a photo in.
Logon or register to see this image

The leak is coming from underneath those teardrop shaped bits of plastic I think.
Looks like Steve wonder glued that one in, and yeh if you can alter the waste
pipe may save some grief just plonking a new one on lower and just plug the old one

Last edited:
Looks like Steve wonder glued that one in, and yeh if you can alter the waste
pipe may save some grief just plonking a new one on lower and just plug the old one
Tell me about it! I’m away with work atm but will have to have a look to see if I can get into it from the sink under the cupboard to get a drill in to cut a new hole.

Cheers mate

Tell me about it! I’m away with work atm but will have to have a look to see if I can get into it from the sink under the cupboard to get a drill in to cut a new hole.

Cheers mate
Could cut the hole on the front as you lookat it if there’s enough space to manoeuvre the waste pipe

Not just get something like this: FloPlast Push-Fit 2-Boss Single Socket Access Pipe Black 110mm - Screwfix

Trying to put a new strap above or below will end up a right clart to line up to the waste pipe.
He’d have to cut the stack and since it’s internal itwould be a mare there to lift the stack to and drop it back into the sockets…and if the waste is coming from the kitchen I assume the bog is attached further up so not like u can just lift and drop so easily
A new boss further down will be the most painless way or at least the less ballache all round

Last edited:
He’d have to cut the stack and since it’s internal itwould be a mare there to lift the stack to and drop it back into the sockets…and if the waste is coming from the kitchen I assume the bog is attached further up so not like u can just lift and drop so easily
You can get concertina ones I think. Trying to route a new pipe back up to that waste would be a right clart surely?

But I’m not a plumber so I should probably just leave this thread to the professionals. 😂

You can get concertina ones I think. Trying to route a new pipe back up to that waste would be a right clart surely?

But I’m not a plumber so I should probably just leave this thread to the professionals. 😂
Yeh can get a concertina but also likely to hold shit from the kitchen sink and block eventually in the ridges. If he can get a joint on when It comes thru the wall that’s gonna be the hard part, the rest he will fly

If you do put a new boss strap on @DonaldDownTheWing make sure you get one with the easy clip, rather than ones that use a roofing nut and bolt to tighten, especially if drilling in from the front

Yeh can get a concertina but also likely to hold shit from the kitchen sink and block eventually in the ridges. If he can get a joint on when It comes thru the wall that’s gonna be the hard part, the rest he will fly

If you do put a new boss strap on @DonaldDownTheWing make sure you get one with the easy clip, rather than ones that use a roofing nut and bolt to tighten, especially if drilling in from the front

Aye I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos and most say that the floplast one that you just squeeze together is the best.

Aye I’ve watched loads of YouTube videos and most say that the floplast one that you just squeeze together is the best.
Yeh saves a load of hassle…make sure you have enough room behind the soil stack for the clip lugs before drilling a hole in the front mate, or the next thread will be how do I fill an inch and a half hole up😂

Plug for the original to seal it up

Last edited:

Back