Playstation 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastard £429 for the bairns xmas present. Better start saving.

Microsoft have really screwed up with the Xbox One - more expensive, always needs to be on-line, ridiculous DRM and a worst design (imo).

I think PS4 users need to be Playstation plus members to game online though, not sure if they'll be free games to go with membership. Something which, at the moment, makes playstation Plus membership really good value for money.

MS will drop price & drm & net connection if they have sense, I'll get both (treat for being a fitness nutter)but will wait till ms back down on x1, it may be too late and gamers have chosen what they want. ms have f*cked up this time

the 1st xbox they had to drop price by £99 after month & give free games to early adopters.

I think PS4 users need to be Playstation plus members to game online though, not sure if they'll be free games to go with membership. Something which, at the moment, makes playstation Plus membership really good value for money.

Yes they'll now need to pay a subscription, which is was a major trump card they held over Microsoft that they should have kept to be honest.

MS will drop price & drm & net connection if they have sense, I'll get both (treat for being a fitness nutter)but will wait till ms back down on x1, it may be too late and gamers have chosen what they want. ms have f*cked up this time

the 1st xbox they had to drop price by £99 after month & give free games to early adopters.

That would be a massive backpedal and an admission of early defeat from most people's pov.

Got my ps4 pre ordered. Microsoft always just seem to make things a bit awkward. Like the points system for buying things, you've usually got to buy more points than you need.

That would be a massive backpedal and an admission of early defeat from most people's pov.

if ps4 launches in october that could be game over, don't think it will be long till you can get a xbox one for £300, I'm pre ordering nowt.

the fan boy wars are going to be fun :-D

don't they still sell the machines at a loss in the hope to make up the money on games/net/apps etc?

By 2005 standards, the PS3 was incredible — and it lost money like a sieve leaks water. iSuppli estimated that Sony lost $306.85 on every single low-end ($499) PS3 it sold, with the high-end, $599 SKU costing the company $241.35. It took Sony nearly four years to start making money on the PS3′s hardware, a fact the company has been anxious to avoid this time around.

The expectation to date was that Sony and Microsoft would both try to shrink their per-unit losses to something more manageable, but would still carry a balance in the red, at least on early versions. Now, it seems that’s not going to happen. During Sony’s earnings call, CFO Masaru Kato stated:

Unlike PS3, we are not planning a major loss to be incurred with the launch of PS4. At the time we developed PS3, we made a lot of in-house investments to develop the chip, the Cell chip… This time, yes we have a team working on chip development, but we already have existing technology to incorporate and also product investment and all the facilities will now be invested by our partners, other foundries, so we don’t have to make all the investment in-house.

:eek: Apparently they'll not loose as much with the PS4

Never really got XBox tbh, the PS3 was always a more complete package - BluRay, internet browsing from day one, no ongoing subscriptions etc.

Had a PS3 since launch (well, 2 as one blew up) and I can't think of any other gadget that I've had more value out of, except possibly my phone. Not as especially big gamer either, mainly use it as a media device.

Pre-ordered the PS4 this morning. Will buy Watchdogs and FIFA, and that's about it.

Never really got XBox tbh, the PS3 was always a more complete package - BluRay, internet browsing from day one, no ongoing subscriptions etc.

Had a PS3 since launch (well, 2 as one blew up) and I can't think of any other gadget that I've had more value out of, except possibly my phone. Not as especially big gamer either, mainly use it as a media device.

Pre-ordered the PS4 this morning. Will buy Watchdogs and FIFA, and that's about it.

You will have to have a ps+ subscription from now on if you play online

mine is used for netflix, bluray and lovefilm more than it is games...

purely down to not having time to play the games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back