Plateau/regression

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mick Dundee

In the last 3 weeks I've gone from easily benching 3x10 at 65kg to barely managing 3x10 at 45kg. My deadlifts, one armed rows, squats, shoulder press etc have all still progressed well so I'm quite frustrated as to what the problem is.

Any idea what this could be or how I can get back on track? My diet is pretty good, although I struggle to stay away from the "usual place" at work. I was maybe gonna switch to dumbells instead of the bar to mix it up but otherwise I'm stumped.

I'm not an expert but have had similar issuese (although not as drastic) - is it maybe the order of your workout? Presuming you're doing a full body workout if you're starting with squat/deadlift and doing bench after that and those are progressing still then maybe they're just taking too much out of you - i.e. your strength is increasing but your endurance is lagging behind. If so maybe try switching up the routine once a week so you start with bench when you're fresh.

I'm not an expert but have had similar issuese (although not as drastic) - is it maybe the order of your workout? Presuming you're doing a full body workout if you're starting with squat/deadlift and doing bench after that and those are progressing still then maybe they're just taking too much out of you - i.e. your strength is increasing but your endurance is lagging behind. If so maybe try switching up the routine once a week so you start with bench when you're fresh.

Nop, I switched from full body workouts to a day each of chest/shoulderm, legs and back. I was gonna switch back to full body in a couple of weeks to mix things up but might bring it forward.

i just try different things sometimes then others i stick with them, i think you've reached a limit in terms of us advising you on the net because we can't see where your weakness or strengths lie, i sometimes just do a totally different routine for a week or even a day because i get bored or repeating the same things, what it do is probably wrong according to the books and the studies, but I'm not a robot who just keeps going, sometimes I'm tired or in a mood but by changing and setting new targets I keep going which is rule number one obviously.

I've felt like that and i do now with the bench, I've been on 120 1rm for about 3 months and have dropped down a bit so I've gone back to benching every day because that's what worked before I'm not sure what else to except to ask Titus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back