plantar fasciitis.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date

Jesus H, this isn't nice is it !!

Apart from stretching, ice and ibuprofen are there any other secret remedies ? Ive not ran for 2 weeks and feel unfit already :lol:
I know a lass that goes to the gym has it. She has special trainers that she says are a great relief. Apparently Sports Direct have a section that deals with them, ask at the Bridges or Newcastle.

I know a lass that goes to the gym has it. She has special trainers that she says are a great relief. Apparently Sports Direct have a section that deals with them, ask at the Bridges or Newcastle.
Or Hull.

Last edited:
Had it fir a few years off and in however its came back with a vengeance this time just bought night splint and compression socks. Going to change work shoes to timberland pro too. It's like tooth ache in your heel.

Yes, immediately. I had a huge deep knot. Then I went to Sr acupuncture and tui na and got my body straightened out and all my issues disappeared.
Do they do the deep tissue massage there is it the leechmere address

Last edited:
Had lots of PF problems with the distances I used to run......For many the issue is a lack of flexibility in the calves.....Also be careful of the heel/toe drop in the running shoes you are wearing.....I switched to Hokas which were brilliant to start with, loved the ride but then started getting PF problems.....Didnt realise but the heel/toe drop in the trainers I normally wear are 10 to 12mm.......In the Hokas it was 3-5 mm.......I bought some stick in heel raisers on the advice of a well know Cramlington Trail running shop and never had an issue since.....

So in short.....Stretching to develop flexibility in your calves and check the drop on shoes.

Last issue I had was flat feet, this means that the fascia that connects your toes to your heal is always taught and tugs at the connection with the heel (hence the pain).....PF is a problem for many runners with flat feet, motion control trainers on the roads and/or orthotics with a solid instep will help massively....If you have flat feet they take a while to get used to, felt like walking with a golf ball under my instep for first few weeks.
Sounds exactly the same as me. Really struggling with my left foot/ankle. Flat feet and tight calf muscle - causes huge pains.
Going to get back into the stretching regime very soon, now that life-things have calmed down.

Get a deep tissue massage in your calf
Been through this process twice now. Multiple sessions. Hurts like absolute hell.

Literally hurts as much as if they just took a knife, and slit my leg open. Unreal.
Works, though.

Adidas sliders for mouching about the house and a hard tennis ball was a game changer

Did the tennis ball roll every day for 2 weeks and just wear my sliders

Unbelievable tbh

I've been getting this increasingly in both feet over the last 6 months or so. Every morning it hurts for about half an hour. I read its because the fibres are trying to repair themselves overnight and so they tear again every morning.
I think I've caused it by wearing old trainers for work, and standing for long periods.
It doesn't affect my life but if it gets worse I could see it being a problem.

Adidas sliders for mouching about the house and a hard tennis ball was a game changer

Did the tennis ball roll every day for 2 weeks and just wear my sliders

Unbelievable tbh

Going to give a tennis ball ago. Do you just do it on a morning, on a night, or both?

I've been getting this increasingly in both feet over the last 6 months or so. Every morning it hurts for about half an hour. I read its because the fibres are trying to repair themselves overnight and so they tear again every morning.
I think I've caused it by wearing old trainers for work, and standing for long periods.
It doesn't affect my life but if it gets worse I could see it being a problem.

Going to give a tennis ball ago. Do you just do it on a morning, on a night, or both?

Both mate

f***ing kills but worth it

Only thing I found that worked for this was changing my trainers to Nike Air max. Every other pair of trainers I buy makes it come back. Chavvy as fuck like but they're medicinal

Back