Plane Hire / Good Cause

Where should the excess plane money go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oof, that will hit the Chronicle's click bait for ads/revenue by feeding the faux outrage agenda. Here's the link to see the replies as already they are amusing! :lol:

https://twitter.com/AirAds2/status/731785780406976512

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of it. Not the bit about charity as the plane has kickstarted a huge amount of donations to various charities.

I just think it's a bit rich for us to bang on about being 'classier' fans (bobby Robson/raising money in memory of victims of plane being shot down) and then to go on and on like this when they get relegated - wearing Rafa masks, flying planes. To me, it looks small time and, yes, a little obsessed. I prefer to crack on with what we're doing and leave them to their own shit - they're pretty good at it.

Not judgin those tha want to do it, I just don't really get it myself and hope the perception isn't that this is all Sunderland fans doing this.
Erm..

I was very much against it last time due to the fact we were in huge danger if going down ourselves. This time I'm all for it. In this day and age where winning trophies is ridiculous hard for clubs like ours if you can't celebrate sending your nearest rivals down in every way possible while stopping up yourself then you shouldn't really be a football supporter imo

This will be completely disregarded by all those of a Tyneside persuasion

298 people died that day of all nationalities. It was a European tragedy, especially for the Dutch. There is no way the company would fly it over the ground during the 17th minute, and there is no way any safc supporter would suggest it. The local media would have a field day over it if it did fly by then.

Ah the word obsessed being used again. It now seems that taking the piss out of our main rivals isn't allowed to be seen as anything else these days :confused: How long before we ask for mixed fans sections for the derby seeing as we can't mock them without being seen as obsessed? I must have been obsessed since I was a kid then as I've always taken the piss outta the Mags in the limited times I could :lol:

What about the lack of the mention of their fans sending death threats for 3 months?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-fans-hire-plane-fly-11332836

Mr Elliot also revealed that the last time the company flew over Newcastle, “We spent three months fending off death threats.”

He added: “It hasn’t put us off this time – it’s what we do.”
The death threats don't really have anything to do with us, that's f***ing mental.

You can only look after your own actions and I think planes and masks and about a million threads on here is a bit much. Yeah it's great we stayed up, and fantastic that we got the win to relegate them on the day but I think this says more about us than it does about them. Their petitions and bedsheets are ridiculous but I think wearing masks etc we start to go down that route.

Ah the word obsessed being used again. It now seems that taking the piss out of our main rivals isn't allowed to be seen as anything else these days :confused: How long before we ask for mixed fans sections for the derby seeing as we can't mock them without being seen as obsessed? I must have been obsessed since I was a kid then as I've always taken the piss outta the Mags in the limited times I could :lol:

What about the lack of the mention of their fans sending death threats for 3 months?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/sunderland-fans-hire-plane-fly-11332836

Mr Elliot also revealed that the last time the company flew over Newcastle, “We spent three months fending off death threats.”

He added: “It hasn’t put us off this time – it’s what we do.”
Two things they are trying to get into use "obsessed" and "plastic Mackem".
The first one at best is hypocritical. The second one is hilarious - yes we got thousands of glory hunting fans to see all those league challenges and European football over the last couple of decades. I for one am sick of all those 90 year old plus twats from Morpeth who only follow us because of the glory years in the 1930's.

The death threats don't really have anything to do with us, that's f***ing mental.

You can only look after your own actions and I think planes and masks and about a million threads on here is a bit much. Yeah it's great we stayed up, and fantastic that we got the win to relegate them on the day but I think this says more about us than it does about them. Their petitions and bedsheets are ridiculous but I think wearing masks etc we start to go down that route.

Instead of worrying what other people think, I'm just enjoying my day. Most fun I've had on here since the Derby :)

I'd never want that to happen and if it did I'm sure it's an honest mistake. I have noticed 1 or 2 people on here wanting that to happen which is pathetic really crossed the line completely. The plane has nothing to do with the tragedy.
Whether it goes across in the 17th minute or not I couldn't give a fuck. The mags will clutch at any straw to take offence whether it is intended or not.

Incidentally, I always want us to score in the 17th minute of derbies so the mags have to clap. I realise that this makes me an unfeeling monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back