Pitch Invasions

Tranmere away when Reid took us up. Given that morons seem to be punching players over recent years I think they should be kept in the past.
Think they can be class but there’s loads of dicks that ruin it doing their best Green Street impression.
Football violence has been glorified more by film over recent history. Walking to the Boro home match I definitely saw some kids mimicking behaviour from them.

Last edited:

It’s that time of year again where pitch invasions are a regular occurrence up and down the country - Portsmouth doing one last night after winning League One.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

Sunderland never do them despite promotions, staying up, play off wins, reaching Wembley etc.

We’ve had little overspills in the heat of the moment but when was the last time we done a full pitch invasion?

It’s never crossed my mind to run on the pitch in celebration tbh. Don’t see the appeal in it.
I'm sure we did Vs Sheffield United in the playoff semis can't remember one since

It’s that time of year again where pitch invasions are a regular occurrence up and down the country - Portsmouth doing one last night after winning League One.

Sunderland never do them despite promotions, staying up, play off wins, reaching Wembley etc.

We’ve had little overspills in the heat of the moment but when was the last time we done a full pitch invasion?

It’s never crossed my mind to run on the pitch in celebration tbh. Don’t see the appeal in it.

Roker 76’ after Portsmouth game ironically

From memory;
York and Blackpool away 87/88.
Chelsea home FA Cup 92
Notts County away 93
Tranmere away 96
Swindon away 98
Bury away 99

Probably missed a few?

Loads at Roker park. Coppers just chased you off.

Back