Pipe Smokers of the SMB

What sort of flavour is that? Just getting into pipe smoking and looking for something mild to start off with.
Actually sounds like it might be a bit gamey

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time I smelled pipe smoke, but any time I do it reminds me of my dad, straight away.

One of my all time favourite smells (and I can recollect the smell of it almost as if it was an image) was my dad's wooden tobacco tub (with obligatory 70s Indian chief on it). Wood and aromatic pipe tobacco mixed.

I smoked Sweet Dublin (yellow) for twenty odd years but in the last decade or so I have smoked Original Choice from Mac Baren. I like my baccy to be on the sweeter side both in taste and aroma. Toffee with a touch of vanilla or kirch.

There is a much nice baccy boutique in Newcastle where you can get your pipey baccy mixed to your own taste.

There was a long fred on pipe smoking on here some time back. I shall have a look for it.

Can't remember if it was before or after SMB Pipe Club. @Wilfy might know.

Eidt: Any pipe-smokers on here? (As if!)

Logon or register to see this image

Can you still buy pipe tobacco in high street shops etc?

Used to get me grandad a couple of little packets of Condor for Christmas, he loved his pipe. I was well younger than 16 when I was buying them, which I think was the legal age for smoking back then.

My grandad used to get this black twist baccy for his pipe from a shop in Seaham Harbour.
It was like a black rope, he would cut off a bit of it, rub it on the palm of his hand to break it up, and then stuff it all into the bowl of his briar, tamp it all down , and then light it up. Smoke billowing all round the room.
What a smell it was, really nice.

Back