Pick your Durham XI for T20 blast

For the opening match against Yorkshire a week today and see if anyone gets it spot on. Either the side you would select or the one you think Durham will go with.
My prediction is

Bancroft
Clark
Raine
Bedingham
Lees
Burnham
Carse
Borthwick
Coughlin
Trevaskis
Potts.

With either Bancroft it Bedingham to take the gloves although I think they will go with one of the recognised keepers probably in ace if Burnham. Also it will be interesting to see Borthwicks role in the side.

For the opening match against Yorkshire a week today and see if anyone gets it spot on. Either the side you would select or the one you think Durham will go with.
My prediction is

Bancroft
Clark
Raine
Bedingham
Lees
Burnham
Carse
Borthwick
Coughlin
Trevaskis
Potts.

With either Bancroft it Bedingham to take the gloves although I think they will go with one of the recognised keepers probably in ace if Burnham. Also it will be interesting to see Borthwicks role in the side.
Anybody going to pick their team for Friday?

Bancroft
Clark
Raine
Stokes
Bedingham
Burnham
Eckersley
Borthwick
Carse
Trevaskis
Potts

I've included Stokes even though I dont imagine for a second he'll be playing and have excluded Lees and Coughlin through injuries. Salisbury bowled really poorly in the 2nd XI games v Derbyshire last Friday so cant see him playing a part. Such is our desperation for spin it wouldn't surprise me if Clark is forced to turn his arm over some time in the match. Can see Bushnell maybe getting an opportunity later on.

Bancroft
Clark
Raine
Stokes
Bedingham
Burnham
Eckersley
Borthwick
Carse
Trevaskis
Potts

I've included Stokes even though I dont imagine for a second he'll be playing and have excluded Lees and Coughlin through injuries. Salisbury bowled really poorly in the 2nd XI games v Derbyshire last Friday so cant see him playing a part. Such is our desperation for spin it wouldn't surprise me if Clark is forced to turn his arm over some time in the match. Can see Bushnell maybe getting an opportunity later on.
You have listed 2 spinners so doubt Clark would bowl

Something like this....

Lees
Bancroft+
Clark
Raine
Bushnell
Burnham
Carse
Borthwick*
Coughlin
Trevaskis
Potts

Personally I wouldn't have Borthwick in a T20 team.

Lees is out

Bancroft
Clark
Stokes/Bushnell
Bedingham
Poynter
Burnham/Dickson
Trevaskis
Borthwick
Carse
Raine
Potts

Would you pick Poynter or are you predicting they will pick him? He didn't play many games last year after being poor in 2019.

Eckersley's 86 from 57 against Worcestershire would have him in the side for me but they seem to regard him as a first class player only.

Would you pick Poynter or are you predicting they will pick him? He didn't play many games last year after being poor in 2019.

Eckersley's 86 from 57 against Worcestershire would have him in the side for me but they seem to regard him as a first class player only.

I'm not too arsed about the T20, so I'd give Poynter a go first and keep Ned for the Championship.

If he's shite then by all means change it

I'd pick Eckersley but no reason why Poytner can't also play
Bancroft(capt)
Clark
Raine
Bedingham
Burnham
Eckersley
Poytner(w/k)
Carse
Potts
Trevaskis
Borthwick

Colonel umpiring. Campbell playing 6' 7" " and left arm. It he can get his line right could be a sizeable asset- no pun intended.
Edit: never mind, you're referring to WHED's link
this might give us an idea;

Unbelievable if they don't pick Trevaskis in white ball mind

Last edited:
Edit: never mind, you're referring to WHED's link

Unbelievable if they don't pick Trevaskis in white ball mind
He was having a net this afternoon at the Riverside. Interestingly Bancroft is the captain in these two games even though Borthwick is playing.
Now opening the bowling.😁

Last edited:

Back