Physical Season Cards

Because if they make them easy to get then they’ll never implement digital and they’ll be managing physical cards en masse until kingdom come.

Maybe they should make them available to people who want them at a prohibitive price to weed out those who can do without them. Maybe £30 for a card rising by a fiver every year. Those who need them get them for a nominal fee.
How do you manage those who need vs those who want? Interviews? Evidence? Police checks?

How do you manage those who need vs those who want? Interviews? Evidence? Police checks?
I don’t know mate. Under 16s, OAPs, registered disabilities…they’ve had plenty of time to think about it.

94% of the U.K. population has a smartphone
91% in 2022
78.9% in 2021

I think we’re reaching a tipping point in terms of adoption of the technology

Would you trust Mr Bear/Sheep to sort those deserving of not having to bring a phone to the match?

He seems to think we should all just place our trust in Behemoth Big Tech monopolies - despite them having been fined billions on both sides of the Atlantic for abuses of competition law and breaches of data law.

He seems to think because his tracking device works for him it should be forced on all other fans whether they want it or not

Unless they can persuade some Kangaroo Court that they are one of the “Deserving Poor”

All this because he seems to think it would be a crippling burden on a club with 40k plus in the crowd to offer the OPTION of an entry card

I feel sorry for Mr Sheep as I suspect he is not even a Club Shill - just someone overly naive when it comes to Ticketmaster, Apple, Google etc who then wants to impose his way of life on the rest of us

The only point I’m debating here really is that there’s some people (in my opinion and from what I see here) who want rather than need cards.

So what?

If a restaurant only offered one dish would accuse people of wanting other dishes of the same thing your going on about here?

What about cars? What about clothes? Shall we all just buy which ever item it is that you buy, as it must be preferable and more convenient for every person on earth if it's your first choice?

Or should companies, especially socially responsible and community centered ones like football clubs , offer a choice ? Especially when the choice is limited to option A and option B ?

So what if someone doesn't 'need' and card but simply 'wants' one. So fuck.

Ignore him man and he might shut up, he’ll be loving you all replying to him. He’s just a troll and probably doesn’t even believe what he’s saying, he’s just trying to wind you all up. I put him on ignore after the bus strike thread, he went on bloody ridiculous.
Let him talk to himself.

Last edited:
I don’t know mate. Under 16s, OAPs, registered disabilities…they’ve had plenty of time to think about it.

91% in 2022
78.9% in 2021

My dad has a smart phone, he struggles to answer it and refuses to carry it everywhere.

Should he be forced to carry it just to enter the ground?

Because if they make them easy to get then they’ll never implement digital and they’ll be managing physical cards en masse until kingdom come.

Maybe they should make them available to people who want them at a prohibitive price to weed out those who can do without them. Maybe £30 for a card rising by a fiver every year. Those who need them get them for a nominal fee.
I think they should be thankful for every single fan they have at the minute never mind sting them another £30 mate.

91% in 2022
78.9% in 2021

So fuck . I have no reason to 'need' a physical card but I want one as it's 10x better for me.

Could I have a digital one? Aye. Will I have one if I'm forced? No.. my 37 years of support and 50+ loyalty points will be shoved firmly up thier arse. It's got fuck all to do with them and fuck all to do with you why I want one

So what?

If a restaurant only offered one dish would accuse people of wanting other dishes of the same thing your going on about here?

What about cars? What about clothes? Shall we all just buy which ever item it is that you buy, as it must be preferable and more convenient for every person on earth if it's your first choice?

Or should companies, especially socially responsible and community centered ones like football clubs , offer a choice ? Especially when the choice is limited to option A and option B ?

So what if someone doesn't 'need' and card but simply 'wants' one. So fuck.
Restaurant…great example. They limit their menu and push certain dishes because it makes economic sense to do so
I think they should be thankful for every single fan they have at the minute never mind sting them another £30 mate.
Good point actually

91% in 2022
78.9% in 2021

People on the dole have smart phones now they need it for their job search to show their advisors

Or the vast majority do

So fuck . I have no reason to 'need' a physical card but I want one as it's 10x better for me.

Could I have a digital one? Aye. Will I have one if I'm forced? No.. my 37 years of support and 50+ loyalty points will be shoved firmly up thier arse. It's got fuck all to do with them and fuck all to do with you why I want one
:lol:
Hope they force you, just for the craic

Ignore him man and he might shut up, he’ll be loving you all replying to him. He’s just a troll and probably doesn’t even believe what he’s saying, he’s just trying to wind you all up. I put him on ignore after the bus strike thread, he went on bloody ridiculous.
Let him talk to himself.
I just find it the "I'm alright fuck you" attitude so alien.

Yet some of our fan base would discard them

I just find it the "I'm alright fuck you" attitude so alien.

Yet some of our fan base would discard them
I’ve never said that to be fair

There’s just some people (not you mind as you seem very balanced and reasonable) who can handle people having a different perspective to them.

That I’d enjoy watching somebody who gives out nowt but abuse have a meltdown?

Maybe he would be one of those exceptional cases
Maybe he would, but we don't know and unless I do all the emailing for him we won't know. Or I could ask him to traipse over to the ticket office and ask if they would consider him worthy of a physical card.

Or he could just say fuck it and not bother

Back