Physical Season Cards

Your right mate, I downloaded my ticket to the app but it would not work at the turnstiles.
After 3 games of officials letting me in through the gates I was forced to get a card.
No one seemed to know why the phone did not work as everything seemed OK until I presented it at the turnstile.
The whole digital / non digital frustrates me as I know the club lost at least 5 season cards last year from lads that had 50 plus years history supporting us to and down the country

You can’t give an example then?

I think you’re holding some kind of grudge from the other thread if I’m honest. Is that true?
certainly not. however you are displaying the same tendencies. i prefer to respond to the post, not the poster.
grudges are for bairns, it's only recently i clicked on you're the same bloke/woman.

certainly not. however you are displaying the same tendencies. i prefer to respond to the post, not the poster.
grudges are for bairns, it's only recently i clicked on you're the same bloke/woman.
Hmmm…your argument seems a little ad hominem

Calling names instead of engaging in discourse. Says a lot about you.

The thing is you will buy a new phone with NFC when your current phone fails. That’s progress…there’s only so long people can come up with excuses not to move with the times. I understand that there are some demographics who will struggle more with the technology and require more support but the majority have no real case for not going digital and eventually the same will be true of everyone.

There’s a ridiculous amount of pissing and moaning from some people on here.
Not really progress though is it? That's why people are miffed. Longer queues, qr codes take longer to scan than the old tickets, parents fannying on flicking through digital wallets scanning their kids through one at a time.
Total backwards step trying to force it on people - less convenient for many, harder to use for many, harder to share your ticket for many.
Been a disaster

Poorly is being very generous
I agree with you. But they will get it right eventually, surely.

The only point I’m debating here really is that there’s some people (in my opinion and from what I see here) who want rather than need cards.

I don’t see a way around some use cases. Google wallet is not available to under 16s so for me unless SAFC create an app with built in season ticket I think under 16s are going to need cards
Not really progress though is it? That's why people are miffed. Longer queues, qr codes take longer to scan than the old tickets, parents fannying on flicking through digital wallets scanning their kids through one at a time.
Total backwards step trying to force it on people - less convenient for many, harder to use for many, harder to share your ticket for many.
Been a disaster
I think it is. Poor execution from SAFC has undermined a sound idea. Takes 2 or 3 seconds with a digital wallet

Last edited:
I agree with you. But they will get it right eventually, surely.

The only point I’m debating here really is that there’s some people (in my opinion and from what I see here) who want rather than need cards.

I don’t see a way around some use cases. Google wallet is not available to under 16s so for me unless SAFC create an app with built in season ticket I think under 16s are going to need cards
So why make physical cards so difficult to get? There's clearly a need for non digital cards but it's as clear as mud how you get one.

The correspondence from the club for anyone asking about physical cards is shocking

So why make physical cards so difficult to get? There's clearly a need for non digital cards but it's as clear as mud how you get one.

The correspondence from the club for anyone asking about physical cards is shocking
Because if they make them easy to get then they’ll never implement digital and they’ll be managing physical cards en masse until kingdom come.

Maybe they should make them available to people who want them at a prohibitive price to weed out those who can do without them. Maybe £30 for a card rising by a fiver every year. Those who need them get them for a nominal fee.

Back