Physical Season Cards

Not sure why you are so angry

Not really…just saying exceptions should be made for exceptional circumstances. The OP raised one potential exception where anyone under 13 can’t access the Apple wallet.

It seems to me though that most of the people moaning about it aren’t in exceptional circumstances and either just want a card or want to rage against the machine
who are you to say what's exceptional circumstances?
Those queuing for physical cards will drop every year though mate. The club will know that as well and are probably expecting to see a drop next season.
they might well do but that's really not the point.

who are you to say what's exceptional circumstances?

they might well do but that's really not the point.
Ultimately the club say, but it’s very obvious that some of the exceptional reasons given on here are spurious.

Take the tinfoil hat guy who thinks he’s being spied on…we all get the chance to say whether we allow tracking across other apps and locations.
I assume this is going to be the annual argument going forward.

The beauty of this is it shows up those that couldn't give a fuck about other supporters as they are ok
I give a fuck about supporters who need a card but not those who just want one

Last edited:
Ultimately the club say, but it’s very obvious that some of the exceptional reasons given on here are spurious.

Take the tinfoil hat guy who thinks he’s being spied on…we all get the chance to say whether we allow tracking across other apps and locations.

I give a fuck about supporters who need a card but not those who just want one
Son what are the grounds for those that want one? Is there a set criteria?

All I've seen from the club is that they may consider granting someone a card if no one in their group can help the poor person who can't access a digital card

I assume this is going to be the annual argument going forward.

The beauty of this is it shows up those that couldn't give a fuck about other supporters as they are ok

its quite symbolic also of how the club views the fans when it comes down to actual actions

KLD - 'we want to be the most fan-centric club in the country'

some fans - 'can we have a plastic season card instead of digital?'

KLD - 'no, fuck off'

Son what are the grounds for those that want one? Is there a set criteria?

All I've seen from the club is that they may consider granting someone a card if no one in their group can help the poor person who can't access a digital card
I don’t think they’re really catering for want; just need.

They’ve decided to go digital and I don’t the intent is to offer options.

its quite symbolic also of how the club views the fans when it comes down to actual actions

KLD - 'we want to be the most fan-centric club in the country'

some fans - 'can we have a plastic season card instead of digital?'

KLD - 'no, fuck off'
Worst bit is, the ones needing a non digital card will feel even more disengaged from the club and I can't really blame them

so the opposite of the 'most fan-centric club in the country'
I take your point but I don’t think it’s a huge thing for the vast majority. It’s literally pressing one button then selecting the card in the wallet.

I reckon it’s more of a trust thing than a capability issue
So just writing off a percentage of the fan base, most them of the older generation that where here before our current owners where born.

Great
I don’t think it’s right to generalise that older people can’t use a phone.

Last edited:
I take your point but I don’t think it’s a huge thing for the vast majority. It’s literally pressing one button then selecting the card in the wallet.

I reckon it’s more of a trust thing than a capability issue

I don’t think it’s right to generalise that older people can’t use a phone.
I don't think it's right to assume everyone who requires a physical card is because of want rather than need.

Look, you don't give a shit because your sorted and it's the way if the world. That's great, we'll done you

I don't think it's right to assume everyone who requires a physical card is because of want rather than need.

Look, you don't give a shit because your sorted and it's the way if the world. That's great, we'll done you
I don’t; I’ve been very clear that obviously some people will need them and the OP provided a perfect use case.

I think it’s you making assumptions about how I feel

I take your point but I don’t think it’s a huge thing for the vast majority.

it wouldnt be the vast majority if they were easy to get.

the first day they announced you could get a card at the ticket office 1000s of people turned up and queued for hours

'the vast majority' is pie in the sky. no one knows the real number because the club (and some fans) are acting like c*nts over the whole thing

have a simple tick in a box vote with every ST holder and you and the club know that it would knocking on 50/50 between cards and digital

and even if it was one fan out of 35000, the most fan-centric club in the country should be bending over backwards to get that fan a ST that works for them, not putting endless hurdles in the way

Last edited:

Your right mate, I downloaded my ticket to the app but it would not work at the turnstiles.
After 3 games of officials letting me in through the gates I was forced to get a card.
No one seemed to know why the phone did not work as everything seemed OK until I presented it at the turnstile.

Back