Physical Season Cards

wouldn't surprise me if anyone who wants a non digital season ticket has to go to the ticket office before every home game and get a paper ticket printed out - probably at a cost on top of what you've already given them.

there was 11 of us went in the montgomery suite for the plymouth game where all tickets are digital and 4 of us had issues using our 'phones for access. for mine, nothing would work whether i had nfc on/off and it wouldn't read the qr code. in the end i was just waved through. it doesn't bode well for me to have a digital card given what happened. i've also noticed that the only folk whop have issues at the turnstile in front of us are those using 'phones. be it user error or another problem i don't know.
Many fans just won't bother.

wouldn't surprise me if anyone who wants a non digital season ticket has to go to the ticket office before every home game and get a paper ticket printed out - probably at a cost on top of what you've already given them.

there was 11 of us went in the montgomery suite for the plymouth game where all tickets are digital and 4 of us had issues using our 'phones for access. for mine, nothing would work whether i had nfc on/off and it wouldn't read the qr code. in the end i was just waved through. it doesn't bode well for me to have a digital card given what happened. i've also noticed that the only folk whop have issues at the turnstile in front of us are those using 'phones. be it user error or another problem i don't know.

Ticket office manager promised me that all the data points towards digital being faster and generally more efficient than physical cards

I'm sure there are coats that I don't see but I still don't understand why it was achievable for a one-off game but it is not cost effective for a SC. Are they replacing the physical readers or updating the software? I don't know how much effort would be required to reactivate existing SCs but it was very quickly done for the cup game. I'm not buying a new phone so I can watch a football match. My existing phone does everything I want other than being NFC compatible. Why pressure people when they are already saying there will be an alternative? We are having the same debate as we had this time last year with the club using the same failed tactic as last year. They alienated a lot is supporters last year and seem intent on doing the same this year.
Not disagreeing with that at all. If it was doable for that match, it’s obviously doable for next season. It’s a choice by the club and it’s a choice I don’t agree with. I’m only saying that I think it’s money driven. They want to push us all onto digital, because that’s the most cost-effective method for them. it’s cynical, but it’s not sinister. But I am NOT defending the decision not to offer alternatives to those who want them.

Totally agree with those who say it’s not quite fit for purpose yet either. I’ve gone digital, and I don’t agree that it’s difficult to transfer tickets, in fact that’s been its best feature for me, personally, the problem is the bloody things don’t work half the time at the turnstiles.

Tried to screenshot it when I couldn't make it to the game and screenshot wasn’t allowed. Some restriction stops it.
Can he pull up from the internet? Needs password and user name (Not wallet) if internet interference close or at stadium pull it up on phone long before getting towards the stadium. Keep the window of ticket open

Last edited:
I'm sure there are coats that I don't see but I still don't understand why it was achievable for a one-off game but it is not cost effective for a SC. Are they replacing the physical readers or updating the software? I don't know how much effort would be required to reactivate existing SCs but it was very quickly done for the cup game. I'm not buying a new phone so I can watch a football match. My existing phone does everything I want other than being NFC compatible. Why pressure people when they are already saying there will be an alternative? We are having the same debate as we had this time last year with the club using the same failed tactic as last year. They alienated a lot is supporters last year and seem intent on doing the same this year.
The thing is you will buy a new phone with NFC when your current phone fails. That’s progress…there’s only so long people can come up with excuses not to move with the times. I understand that there are some demographics who will struggle more with the technology and require more support but the majority have no real case for not going digital and eventually the same will be true of everyone.

There’s a ridiculous amount of pissing and moaning from some people on here.

The thing is you will buy a new phone with NFC when your current phone fails. That’s progress…there’s only so long people can come up with excuses not to move with the times. I understand that there are some demographics who will struggle more with the technology and require more support but the majority have no real case for not going digital and eventually the same will be true of everyone.

Aye 99% of it is from you trying to wind up fellow fans

why should he buy one before it fails? that's not progress, that's just spunking money away when it's not needed.
the bloke's a whopper. i'm allright jack personified.

You seem angry
why should he buy one before it fails? that's not progress, that's just spunking money away when it's not needed.

the bloke's a whopper. i'm allright jack personified.
Look there will be exceptional cases but let’s be honest, most people can manage fine with their phone and probably most prefer it.

The club have said that cards will be available to those that need them…maybe not to those that want them.

Last edited:
Look there will be exceptional cases but let’s be honest, most people can manage fine with their phone and probably most prefer it.

The club have said that cards will be available to those that need them…maybe not to those that want them.
the lad you replied to needs one. i don't think you comprehend the problem as you're alright.
the numbers queueing up last year for physical cards would suggest it's not just an exceptional problem at all.

Ticket office manager promised me that all the data points towards digital being faster and generally more efficient than physical cards
So the bigger queues are a myth? We are queuing longer to get in, now, I have a card, so, nothing changed. However! Digital phone apps?

I will buy an NFC enabled phone but it is a cost I shouldn't need to justify to buy a SC to watch the team I've watched for 61/62 years. I'm very fortunate with my pensions but I don't want to be forced into a purchase. Many people are in a less fortunate position. In the end the club has been untruthful about the whole thing. The club's evasive behaviour about 'an alternative' is unfair.

the lad you replied to needs one. i don't think you comprehend the problem as you're alright.
the numbers queueing up last year for physical cards would suggest it's not just an exceptional problem at all.
You would expect less exceptions as time progresses and people adapt
I will buy an NFC enabled phone but it is a cost I shouldn't need to justify to buy a SC to watch the team I've watched for 61/62 years. I'm very fortunate with my pensions but I don't want to be forced into a purchase. Many people are in a less fortunate position. In the end the club has been untruthful about the whole thing. The club's evasive behaviour about 'an alternative' is unfair.
Technology will eventually force you into a purchase mate. The only phone you’ll be able to buy will have NFC (there will be niche exceptions)

Last edited:
Not sure why you are so angry
so you're quite happy for quite a sizeable number of folk to be left behind? says a lot tbh.
Not really…just saying exceptions should be made for exceptional circumstances. The OP raised one potential exception where anyone under 13 can’t access the Apple wallet.

It seems to me though that most of the people moaning about it aren’t in exceptional circumstances and either just want a card or want to rage against the machine

Last edited:

Those queuing for physical cards will drop every year though mate. The club will know that as well and are probably expecting to see a drop next season.

Back