Physical Season Cards

Or lend your season card to someone you trust

Just like I was able to do decades ago with that advanced technology embedded in a season ticket book

Plastic cards are simple and foolproof - but limited chance for data mining and selling our data

Thats why they dont like a simple, cheap and reliable solution

Instead they come out with lies and bullshit to get into your tracking device (sorry mobile telephone)

QR codes on cards wont work with the turnstiles- that has been shown to be an utter lie

We want to save the environment from plastic- from a club dishing out 30,000 plastic throwaway sheets to prevent a protest against sportswashing in our region by a regime with one of the worst human rights records in the world

We need to know who is seating on which seat - like my identity has EVER been checked inside our ground 🙄

Meanwhile the monopolist they have sold ticket distribution rights to has produced a shonky system where before EVERY match there are people on here vexed because it is simply unfit for purpose

Its about time we dug in our heels and said to them - “your choice, start paying supporters some respect or watch attendances at the 9th best supported club in the country - which has won exactly nowt for 50 years - slide off a cliff”

KLD might have surrounded himself by incompetent Yes Men but if he continues as things go, he will learn a very hard lesson in life.
I only said I screen shot my ticket to send to people 😂

Ok

Bizarrely perhaps I was involved in developing quite a bit of the Data Protection Laws you have such faith in

And I can tell you they just simply don’t work - but you probably wont listen

Most data miners have worked out ways to make it so annoying and time consuming for you to switch off their data mining that you press a button to say “work away at it”

That is also why the World and Their Dog want their Apps on your phone

That is why Apple is worth $2.5 trillion and Google not far behind on $2 trillion.

And yes the government borrowed a lot of money during Covid - but not that kind of money. These companies now control more money than most countries

So Mr Bear you can live in a cosy little dream world where only unreasonable Luddites object to being forced to walk around with a device sharing details every time money is spent with data monopolists

ALL we are asking is to kindly leave us out of it

Why should we be forced to carry phones into a football match when it is not necessary and a card with a QR code on it works perfectly well?
Bizarrely I don’t believe you were. Maybe you think you were being in your tinfoil hat
As if the mega tech corps have ever give a shit about those man, don`t be naive
Having worked for them, they do

I only said I screen shot my ticket to send to people 😂
When I said younger people who have not had a season card for over a decade should pay an extra £200 to pay for older fans to be given free smart phones this young lad near me went mental

…whinging abiut how hard life was for him with student debt, price of houses etc etc… dont know they are born 😉
Bizarrely I don’t believe you were. Maybe you think you were being in your tinfoil hat

Having worked for them, they do
So Mr Bear you believe the laws on data privacy are effective, you have no answer as to why Apple and Google are worth trillions, you think I wear a tin foil hat 🤣🤣

And you have no problem with being forced to carry a mobile phone to go to the match

Have you considered changing your name to Boris Sheep?

Last edited:
When I said younger people who have not had a season card for over a decade should pay an extra £200 to pay for older fans to be given free smart phones this young lad near me went mental

…whinging abiut how hard life was for him with student debt, price of houses etc etc… dont know they are born 😉

So Mr Bear you believe the laws on data privacy are effective, you have no answer as to why Apple and Google are worth trillions, you think I wear a tin foil hat 🤣🤣

And you have no problem with being forced to carry a mobile phone to go to the match

Have you considered changing your name to Boris Sheep?
I do believe they are. Most of Apple’s worth comes from product, Google’s from data.

In what capacity were you involved in establishing the laws? What is a TRA?

It would be much easier for them. They can do it in thier own time and someone can collect close to next season

In reality they should be offering a service where you log into your account , click a button and one gets sent to your house
That requires you to have a digital account and to be digitally enabled with a device anyway. That’s a solution for those who are just expressing a preference, but it isn’t necessarily a solution for those who have a need.
This email has just been sent asking for clarification.

Good Morning Mr Davison / Mr Holmes

I’m receiving an awful lot of queries from branch members regarding the situation relating to the availability of non digital season ticket options for season 24/25.

The following is a note from the meeting held on 12 March 2024:

Everyone will get a digital season ticket. A non-digital ticket will be available in
addition to a digital ticket. Season tickets will be issued far earlier than last season, expected to be early July. DB and SD placed on record the improvements made by Rob Holmes, Ticket Office Manager, to the ticketing experience at the club. SD asked to engage with fan groups regarding the distribution of digital and non-digital tickets to ensure we provide the best possible service.

The following message was posted on RTG yesterday in the form of a reply from the ticket office in relation to a query a fan made:

Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season, does he or any person he comes to the game with have a smart phone so he can go digital, we are asking people to do this. We will put his name on our list if not and someone will be in touch between the 3rd May and 30th June to tell them what we will be doing.

Kind Regards

The following is stated on the club website:

All 2024-25 season tickets will be distributed digitally, and this process will commence in early July 2024.

Since launching digital tickets last summer, we have had an incredibly positive response from all that have utilised the service throughout the 2023-24 campaign and the introduction of additional benefits is planned for this service.

We continue to appreciate that some season ticket holders will be unable to utilise a digital season ticket, and, in these instances, a non-digital alternative will be made available for a nominal additional cost.

If you require a non-digital season ticket for 2024-25, please contact the ticket office via [email protected] by Friday 3 May and a member of our ticketing team will be in touch by 30 June.

Please note, existing non-digital cards will expire at the end of the current campaign.

Naturally, many fans are concerned about the apparent lack of clarity and have indicated that they aren’t in a financial position to pay c£500 for a season ticket that (through no fault of their own) they may not be able to use.

Fans have also noted that no information will be available on this matter before the early bird discount period ends and are therefore faced with the option of renewing and losing c£500 or paying a potentially significant increase in price once non digital options are available.

Will early bird prices be held until an appropriate solution is made available to all?

Please could you provide a response to this query so I can advise the branch members accordingly.

Thank you
Good on you for sending it, and the response will be interesting.

But strictly speaking those three positions aren’t inconsistent, they are consistent with the idea that they will issue a non-digital alternative which will not be a physical card. Hopefully, this will flush out whether that is there intention.

Last edited:
I do believe they are. Most of Apple’s worth comes from product, Google’s from data.

In what capacity were you involved in establishing the laws? What is a TRA?
Try reading this Mr Bear/Sheep

Billion dollar fines here and the US for your innocent mates eh?

Others could confirm this is the line of work I am in but you carry on your Love In with Big Tech while I get on with my job….which actually is my business

I have no objection to you being tracked. Why do you have a problem with us with a simple QR code on a plastic card not being tracked?

Apologies all, just catching up on the thread now.

Non digital tickets were mentioned at the supporters collective meeting and it was brought up that fans don't want to feel like they're being interrogated, if people can't or won't go digital, they should have a clear, easy process.

As far as I know, the club haven't yet decided on what the non digital alternative will be. I'll be honest, I'm not techy in the slightest so I'm not sure what options there are aside from a card tbh, something else with NFC? Don't think you can beat the simplicity of a bit of card mind. I'm also not sure why they're still deciding now given we've had the system all season and they've known they'll need a non digital option for next season the entire time. Maybe there's some reason for it but it's a shame the info wasn't all ready to release with the season ticket launch.

The communication from the ticket office is poor again, the email quoted in the OP doesn't sound good and they really need to get an agreed reply written and communicated to the staff so that people are clearly informed that there'll definitely be a non digital option and that anyone who wants it will be able to get it.

The club are aware of the concerns around this and hopefully they'll work to address them as soon as possible, especially with early bird deadlines approaching

That requires you to have a digital account and to be digitally enabled with a device anyway. That’s a solution for those who are just expressing a preference, but it isn’t necessarily a solution for those who have a need.

Good on you for sending it, and the response will be interesting.

But strictly speaking those three positions aren’t inconsistent, they are consistent with the idea that they will issue a non-digital alternative which will not be a physical card. Hopefully, this will flush out whether that is their intention.
I’ve had a response and the response is clear as mud. The response tells me that it is “fairly clear there will be non digital options available”, but they’re still working on them and nothing will be known until after the end of the season (some would say conveniently after the early bird deadline). There’s no commitment to a physical card.

Yer talking tosh now. 10% of say £420 for a £2.50 card? :lol:
Aye, any nominal cost should be the cost of production/ admin, and if they're looking at different options the cost should be one of the factors. They should set an upper limit (I'd suggest a fiver tbh, certainly no more than £10). If they decide they want some random option that costs a lot more then they should fund it themselves given there's no issue from a supporter perspective with a simple, cheap card

I can't for the life of me see how SAFC can't provide a facility for supporters to print out paper tickets at home, for specific matches via their on-line SAFC ticketing accounts, to distribute to whoever they choose?

We all went to Wembley with paper tickets (to scan a the gate), so how the fuck can SAFC not manage to provide this facility for the SOL?

Also, whoever needs a card (which I was steamrolled away from at Christmas on the back of lies) have one printed for say a fiver, with no questions asked?

This club makes simple things so f***ing difficult for people.

Plenty attend the games without parents mind matey

Under 14s should be allowed to go to the game without an adult in all fairness

Under 12s should be the limit

I've noticed the safe guarding team have been really strict on this in the last few months walking about the concourse and pulling kids to check if they're with an adult

Try reading this Mr Bear/Sheep

Billion dollar fines here and the US for your innocent mates eh?

Others could confirm this is the line of work I am in but you carry on your Love In with Big Tech while I get on with my job….which actually is my business

I have no objection to you being tracked. Why do you have a problem with us with a simple QR code on a plastic card not being tracked?
I asked simple questions…what part did you have in establishing data protection laws? What’s a TRA?
Yer talking tosh now. 10% of say £420 for a £2.50 card? :lol:
That’s just cutting out kebabs for a week for you marra

Last edited:
Well they need to come up with something on non digital entry. I have a digital season ticket, but have to open the show code option every time to gain entry. The season card is the only card in my digital wallet that will not scan using NFC. I will not be risking it working next season and will go to whatever the physical method is, as obviously the show code option will no longer work if it is not going to be a physical card (it will be a physical card, as nothing else makes commercial sense as it will be the cheapest option)
Never had this much hassle when trying to give any other company £500 of my money to access their services.

Back