Physical Season Cards

It would be much easier for them. They can do it in thier own time and someone can collect close to next season

In reality they should be offering a service where you log into your account , click a button and one gets sent to your house
That would make too much sense mate and be to forward customer thinking for the club to do oh and no doubt it would cost £50 to implement so would be a non starter.
Isn’t Chris waters the man to contact in these situations
Unfortunately the poor bloke him. Most overworked man at the club by a country mile.

Isn’t Chris waters the man to contact in these situations

i'd say its a ticket office manager issue. chris has enough on his plate

this Rob Holmes is clearly at the centre of all this. the meeting minutes from January :

Steve Davison - '' SD confirmed non-digital tickets season tickets wouldcontinue to be available next season ''
KLD - '' the aim is for Sunderland to become the most fan-centric Club in the country ''

The Ticket Office - ''Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season''

i'd say its a ticket office manager issue. chris has enough on his plate

this Rob Holmes is clearly at the centre of all this. the meeting minutes from January :

Steve Davison - '' SD confirmed non-digital tickets season tickets wouldcontinue to be available next season ''
KLD - '' the aim is for Sunderland to become the most fan-centric Club in the country ''

The Ticket Office - ''Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season''
Fans could also miss out on the early bird prices as I’ve had numerous friends say to me they’re not renewing without knowing what the non digital options are.

Ok, I have an android phone, the NFC function has never worked for me always have to *get code* which brings up a QR code which gains me entry.
How do I pass on my card if I want to, have never tried fearing problems 🤷‍♂️

There’s a couple of things you can do mate

First is to log into your Safc account and then transfer your ticket to someone. The other person needs an account, but that takes seconds. I’ve done it a few times this season and it’s worked fine.

The second option is to simply send the email you received with your season card on. The same season card can be on multiple phones. Obviously, you should only do this to someone you trust.

Question or Wise SMB:
My grandson (10) has a white plastic card now as either his Dad when home takes him, I take him or his other grandad takes him.
So, can his digital ticket be added to all three parents phones?

they should be offering a service where you log into your account , click a button and one gets sent to your house

ah but that wouldn't fit in with the club's new environmentally friendly policy, first was cancelling everyone's season card, next was delivering them out. Much more sensible to make everyone drive to the stadium of light rather than use a delivery system that is already in place.

on second thoughts, maybe it was to save the price of a stamp

Hopefully the cards we already have will still work then, not a single issue and my tickets have never went spare when I couldn't make it. It's only a QR code so technically it can be printed on anything

They have already said all season tickets will be distributed digitally and the physical cards will expire at the end of the season. You have to contact them if you want to be non digital.

'If you require a non-digital season ticket for 2024-25, please contact the ticket office via [email protected] by Friday 3 May and a member of our ticketing team will be in touch by 30 June.

Please note, existing non-digital cards will expire at the end of the current campaign.'

Last edited:
They have already said they will all be sent digitally and the physical cards will expire at the end of the season. You have to contact them if you want to be non digital.

'If you require a non-digital season ticket for 2024-25, please contact the ticket office via [email protected] by Friday 3 May and a member of our ticketing team will be in touch by 30 June.

Please note, existing non-digital cards will expire at the end of the current campaign.'

Hopefully the email that you have to send then is just to reactivate them. But that would be too much common sense for the clowns running the club

This email has just been sent asking for clarification.

Good Morning Mr Davison / Mr Holmes

I’m receiving an awful lot of queries from branch members regarding the situation relating to the availability of non digital season ticket options for season 24/25.

The following is a note from the meeting held on 12 March 2024:

Everyone will get a digital season ticket. A non-digital ticket will be available in
addition to a digital ticket. Season tickets will be issued far earlier than last season, expected to be early July. DB and SD placed on record the improvements made by Rob Holmes, Ticket Office Manager, to the ticketing experience at the club. SD asked to engage with fan groups regarding the distribution of digital and non-digital tickets to ensure we provide the best possible service.

The following message was posted on RTG yesterday in the form of a reply from the ticket office in relation to a query a fan made:

Unfortunately, we will not be doing physical cards next season, does he or any person he comes to the game with have a smart phone so he can go digital, we are asking people to do this. We will put his name on our list if not and someone will be in touch between the 3rd May and 30th June to tell them what we will be doing.

Kind Regards

The following is stated on the club website:

All 2024-25 season tickets will be distributed digitally, and this process will commence in early July 2024.

Since launching digital tickets last summer, we have had an incredibly positive response from all that have utilised the service throughout the 2023-24 campaign and the introduction of additional benefits is planned for this service.

We continue to appreciate that some season ticket holders will be unable to utilise a digital season ticket, and, in these instances, a non-digital alternative will be made available for a nominal additional cost.

If you require a non-digital season ticket for 2024-25, please contact the ticket office via [email protected] by Friday 3 May and a member of our ticketing team will be in touch by 30 June.

Please note, existing non-digital cards will expire at the end of the current campaign.

Naturally, many fans are concerned about the apparent lack of clarity and have indicated that they aren’t in a financial position to pay c£500 for a season ticket that (through no fault of their own) they may not be able to use.

Fans have also noted that no information will be available on this matter before the early bird discount period ends and are therefore faced with the option of renewing and losing c£500 or paying a potentially significant increase in price once non digital options are available.

Will early bird prices be held until an appropriate solution is made available to all?

Please could you provide a response to this query so I can advise the branch members accordingly.

Thank you

Take a screen shot or picture of the QR code and sent it to whoever you want, that's what I do.
Or lend your season card to someone you trust

Just like I was able to do decades ago with that advanced technology embedded in a season ticket book

Plastic cards are simple and foolproof - but limited chance for data mining and selling our data

Thats why they dont like a simple, cheap and reliable solution

Instead they come out with lies and bullshit to get into your tracking device (sorry mobile telephone)

QR codes on cards wont work with the turnstiles- that has been shown to be an utter lie

We want to save the environment from plastic- from a club dishing out 30,000 plastic throwaway sheets to prevent a protest against sportswashing in our region by a regime with one of the worst human rights records in the world

We need to know who is seating on which seat - like my identity has EVER been checked inside our ground 🙄

Meanwhile the monopolist they have sold ticket distribution rights to has produced a shonky system where before EVERY match there are people on here vexed because it is simply unfit for purpose

Its about time we dug in our heels and said to them - “your choice, start paying supporters some respect or watch attendances at the 9th best supported club in the country - which has won exactly nowt for 50 years - slide off a cliff”

KLD might have surrounded himself by incompetent Yes Men but if he continues as things go, he will learn a very hard lesson in life.

They have already said all season tickets will be distributed digitally and the physical cards will expire at the end of the season. You have to contact them if you want to be non digital.

Fuck sake just leave it as it is and give people a plastic card who want it which will cost about 50p

You don't, and I haven't. Some emails from the club go astray, but I get a lot.
Not directly but this is one of the options

"Sunderland AFC may use the details you give us to contact you about the products and services of carefully selected partners. By ticking this box you are indicating your agreement to this"

I do not tick this and the only emails other than responses to ones I have sent, ah also I got multiple emails with digital tickets lady year even though I had already picked up a plastic card.

I also do not tick the box agreeing to profiling.

I suggest your " astray " is more likely incompetence and some mismanagement of their database.
Not a good reason to believe/trust in.

Have you read the clubs privacy policy?

Last edited:

Back