Physical Season Cards

They will but it was only the pressure from the fans that forced the club to backtrack and introduce the (alternative) plastic cards.

Have the club released the figures re.how many (non descript) cards they have been forced to issue?

Don't think they have (as they obviously want to keep it secret) but there has been suggestions it's about 7,000

I'd happily pay a tenner per plastic card so I don't have to drive through the tunnel and waste two hours of my life again.

Will probably try digital for 24/25 but it's the ease of passing the tickets on that kept me with cards this season. If there's a tonne more night matches we're knackered for going

I'd happily pay a tenner per plastic card so I don't have to drive through the tunnel and waste two hours of my life again.

Will probably try digital for 24/25 but it's the ease of passing the tickets on that kept me with cards this season. If there's a tonne more night matches we're knackered for going

It’s really not difficult passing digital tickets mind.

I think people will all adopt technology but at different rates

Data protection laws have been developed to protect personal information. So, reputable companies will not be unlawfully processing and retaining data without the owners permission.
When you access a website or app it may ask if it can track your activity and location information…if you say no then they cannot lawfully process your data without your permission. If they are found to be breaking the law it’s punishable to the tune of millions/a percentage of their turnover.

The person I was responding to was suggesting that we’re all being unlawfully tracked monitored .
Ok

Bizarrely perhaps I was involved in developing quite a bit of the Data Protection Laws you have such faith in

And I can tell you they just simply don’t work - but you probably wont listen

Most data miners have worked out ways to make it so annoying and time consuming for you to switch off their data mining that you press a button to say “work away at it”

That is also why the World and Their Dog want their Apps on your phone

That is why Apple is worth $2.5 trillion and Google not far behind on $2 trillion.

And yes the government borrowed a lot of money during Covid - but not that kind of money. These companies now control more money than most countries

So Mr Bear you can live in a cosy little dream world where only unreasonable Luddites object to being forced to walk around with a device sharing details every time money is spent with data monopolists

ALL we are asking is to kindly leave us out of it

Why should we be forced to carry phones into a football match when it is not necessary and a card with a QR code on it works perfectly well?

Ok

Bizarrely perhaps I was involved in developing quite a bit of the Data Protection Laws you have such faith in

Most data miners have worked out ways to make it so annoying and time consuming for you to switch off their data mining that you press a button to say “work away at it”

That is why Apple is worth $2.5 trillion and Google not far behind on $2 trillion.

And yes the government borrowed a lot of money during Covid - but not that kind of money. These companies now control more money than most countries

So Mr Bear you can live in a cosy little dream world where only unreasonable Luddites object to being forced to walk around with a device sharing details every time money is spent with data monopolists

Why should we be forced to carry phones into a football match when it is not necessary and a card with a QR code on it works perfectly well?
Agree it should always be a choice. I've said it loads on here I like digital I don't care about being tracked my data sold etc etc I signed up for that, however loads don't want that and shouldn't be forced to have a mobile phone to go to a football match. Ive got family members that still use those throw away tenner phones man, it's been hard enough to get them to have one of those, some people simply don't want that shit in their lives and shouldn't be forced too just because I and alot of others mainly younger generation have. Of course it'll come to a point where those will die out and it gradually just happen it's the forcing it on a generation that largely don't want it but won't be around much longer so why force it.

I've emailed the ticket office and asked if our branch can collate all the names of people needing non digital together and deal with it in one go like last year.

Not confident of a positive response.

It would be much easier for them. They can do it in thier own time and someone can collect close to next season

In reality they should be offering a service where you log into your account , click a button and one gets sent to your house

It would be much easier for them. They can do it in thier own time and someone can collect close to next season

In reality they should be offering a service where you log into your account , click a button and one gets sent to your house
I'm hoping like last year that I can go collect them for anyone that needs ones and save maybe 6 or 7 individual trips

You can tell they are going to be complete arseholes about it already by saying the cards from this season will be de-activated after the last match. Just f***ing re-activate them man if that's what some people want.
Wish they'd fuck off.

Ok

Totally agree. A phone is not a necessity in life. Most cant do without one , that is evident , forever staring at it . Waiting rooms , restaurants, pubs , even crossing roads . Pathetic behaviour.

Not everyone takes them everywhere , and of course some do not even have one , which the phone zombies laugh at , which is a bit ironic .

Pay your money, get your ticket .

Ok, I have an android phone, the NFC function has never worked for me always have to *get code* which brings up a QR code which gains me entry.
How do I pass on my card if I want to, have never tried fearing problems 🤷‍♂️
You transfer it via the ticketing website

Ok, I have an android phone, the NFC function has never worked for me always have to *get code* which brings up a QR code which gains me entry.
How do I pass on my card if I want to, have never tried fearing problems 🤷‍♂️
Take a screen shot or picture of the QR code and sent it to whoever you want, that's what I do.

Back