Physical Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytassle

Striker
Cycling gone to shit since the kids came along but I need something to train for in 2020.

Thought about marathon or half iron or something but has the wise SMB any other ideas for a gnarled old bloke.

Gonna try and pick back up on the running after a fairly lengthy lay off due to injury. It's knocked me right back like ffs.

I gave serious consideration to training to dunk a couple of years ago. It never happened.

2020 goals are stop being a fatty and get a pb at any distance.

Gonna try and pick back up on the running after a fairly lengthy lay off due to injury. It's knocked me right back like ffs.

Ill health and major surgery have plagued me this year. Hoping to run more next year.

Cycling gone to shit since the kids came along but I need something to train for in 2020.

Thought about marathon or half iron or something but has the wise SMB any other ideas for a gnarled old bloke.
Do you need something to train for? Why not do something for the pure pleasure of doing it?

If you have time to train for a marathon you have time to ride your bike. I had to stop running due to the injuries I kept getting, partly due to getting older. I will try and do a 100km bike ride later in the year so thats my training goal. Im a fine weather cyclist who only has time to ride at weekends. I probably have between April and September to achieve this.

Last edited:
If you have time to train for a marathon you have time to ride your bike. I had to stop running due to the injuries I kept getting, partly due to getting older. I will try and do a 100km bike ride later in the year so thats my training goal. Im a fine weather cyclist who only has time to ride at weekends. I probably have between April and September to achieve this.
Not really like. A good ride is 4-5 hours.

I aim for a set miles in a year, usually to run 1000.

It’s both hard and not. It only works out to 20 miles a week so about 6/7 3 times a week. But it’s the regularity that’s motivating.

Years ago I had a few years where I surpassed 1500 but don’t have the time now. Or need.

Got a marathon March 21st. Training starts on the 2nd January.
Was doing well with my running then went to pot with illness, a house move then Christmas.

Got to train for something. Although I did a 70.3 four weeks ago with hardly any training :cool:

Seriously though there must be something you can do. Even if it’s just a weekly Parkrun to keep you ticking over.

Got to train for something. Although I did a 70.3 four weeks ago with hardly any training :cool:

Seriously though there must be something you can do. Even if it’s just a weekly Parkrun to keep you ticking over.
Well aye that's kind of the reason for the post tbh. Can run 5km or ride 15km to work and back no bother. Looking for a different event to work to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back