Phil Parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats Parkinsons highlights, what makes him the stand out candidate, promotion with Colchester 15 years ago, got Bradford out of League 2 and a cup final, what else has he done to be considered for this job, what are his credentials, we are going for automatic promotion this season is he the man to deliver, it will be a low point if gets this.
Last time he was in this league, he got Bolton promoted whilst under a transfer embargo and then managed to keep them up twice despite having no money and the whole shitshow that went on there over the last few years which resulted in the recent administration and points deductions.

Whats Parkinsons highlights, what makes him the stand out candidate, promotion with Colchester 15 years ago, got Bradford out of League 2 and a cup final, what else has he done to be considered for this job, what are his credentials, we are going for automatic promotion this season is he the man to deliver, it will be a low point if gets this.
Got bolton promoted in league 1 with transfer embargo

If this is true it feels like it means a few things:

1) he’s trying to get us promoted with the smalleat outlay possible so he can sell in T

2) there is absolutely no take over or investment on the horizon

3) we are absolutely fuxked if we don’t go up this season

I don’t think he’s that bad of an appointment for the division you are currently in if I’m being honest. If it’s until the end of the season and he gets you promotion you just have to avoid the possible emotional calls for him to stay on when you’re in the championship.

You should, at that point, be able to entice a better calibre of manager.

Talk of Pearson is fanciful and Hughton is wildly unrealistic at best.

Like ye hiring ex Sunlun managers sweetie.....

I always look at the opinion of fans of clubs the manager in question has managed. I know 2 Bradford fans very well and they both have said they'd put their mortgages on us getting promoted with Parkinson. They love him.

I hope it is a short contract because Parkinson's football is so shite he will need to be sacked before xmas.

All these people getting their knickers nice and moist complaining moaning about Parkinson he hasn't even been announced FFS. It could quite well be Ainsworth

Last time he was in this league, he got Bolton promoted whilst under a transfer embargo and then managed to keep them up twice despite having no money and the whole shitshow that went on there over the last few years which resulted in the recent administration and points deductions.

Hew Phil la'.

Even if PP plays a blinder and gets us up we are probably going to need another manager next season.....rinse and f***ing repeat

With Donald having sold his insurance business, doesn't it suit him for us to stay in League 1? We're his main income source now you'd think, would also fit in with him not wanting to give up a role in any takeover.

This appointment just isn't what was needed. Does absolutely nowt to lift the fan morale

That Not606 until this morning was clappy central. It was a place to go to laugh and smile and sing and kiss Donald’s arse. Now even the posters over there have turned after this rumour.

If it’s true that Phil Parkinson has been given the gaffer job then this is surely the lowest moment in the clubs history.
Stinks of the cheapest option available.
Stewart Donald turning the club into a laughing stock.
Be gutted if this is all true.

It’s absolutely embarrassing

This and this, if it’s true, absolutely shocking appointment, on the face of it, looks like a lazy, cheap appointment. Man this club drives me nuts
All these people getting their knickers nice and moist complaining moaning about Parkinson he hasn't even been announced FFS. It could quite well be Ainsworth

Hahaha that’ll be just as bad ... 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

This would be incredibly disappointing. The biggest issue with Jack Ross is the same criticism fans of Parkinson's previous clubs have of him - plays "not to lose" rather than playing to win. Take any arguments about money out of the equation and this is such an uninspiring appointment. I recognise we're at league one level and we aren't an appealing prospect for a lot of managers but I could have got on board with the likes of ainsworth who at least have a positive approach. With this appointment we're just sticking with the same issues we had before. Might as well have just backed Jack Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back