Phil Parkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chance has any manager got here when they are being dissed before they get here.. What has happened to us?

It’s not about attractive football. It’s about effective football. We are desperate to increase the number and quality of chances we create. If Parkinson’s reputation is well earned (defence first, aimless in attack) it will solve none of our issues and will guarantee our failure this season. I hope that Donald et al haven’t swallowed Ross’ bullshit about clean sheets being our way out of the league - however, given the lack of football nous at the club it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Agreed.

Log off man. This is a joke of an argument
The joke on here is so called fans slagging a potential manager off before he is even here.. It is pathetic..
Shall we all just pretend everythings fantastic and bury our heeds in the sand?
No.. Why not try getting behind the team.. We could learn a lot from some of the smaller clubs at this level who back their teams to the hilt at their home games..

Last edited:
You saying supporters cannot make a difference?
Of course they can but you're using that as a reason we didn't get promoted or win at Wembley .

Forgetting our shite tactics, drawing games for fun, blowing our transfer budget on Grigg, selling Maja , playing without a striker on the pitch at Wembley. That's just a few.....

The joke on here is so called fans slagging a potential manager off before he is even here.. It is pathetic..

No.. Why not try getting behind the team.. We could learn a lot from some of the smaller clubs at this level who back their teams to the hilt at their home games..
Aye do as always. Bit different from having a moan on a message board though isnt it

One thing is for sure. Everyone needs to calm down or it will indeed be the fans fault whether people choose to believe that or not.

Fans acting like spoilt pricks over absolutely everything will do nothing but spiral the club downwards not upwards.

What chance has any manager got here when they are being dissed before they get here.. What has happened to us?

What seems to be happening to us if that the majority have been completely conned by a couple of non-league football club owners with zero track record of success. They’ve divided everyone because they’ve referred to budgets, had podcasts and got people to fix their own seats, all of which hides the fact that they’ve been a monument failure on the pitch and we’re at the lowest point in our entire history. we Should he disgusted at how far we’ve fallen, yet the majority have been convinced that because they cut costs, they’ve done a wonderful job. Literally anyone could have cut costs man. This is madness*

*probably appoint Pearson now and i’ll have to apologise. I’m off to bed, let’s hope there’s some good news for a change tomorrow

You’re literally blaming the fans mate. That’s ridiculous

One thing is for sure. Everyone needs to calm down or it will indeed be the fans fault whether people choose to believe that or not.

Fans acting like spoilt pricks over absolutely everything will do nothing but spiral the club downwards not upwards.
It's fans acceptance of mediocrity that winds people up.

Of course they can but you're using that as a reason we didn't get promoted or win at Wembley .

Forgetting our shite tactics, drawing games for fun, blowing our transfer budget on Grigg, selling Maja , playing without a striker on the pitch at Wembley. That's just a few.....
Maja did say he would refuse to play if we stopped him so what was he supposed to do.. Everything is a negative for loads of our fans right now and this is the biggest problem with our club right now..
It's fans acceptance of mediocrity that winds people up.
Rome wasn't built in a day for Christ's sake.. We had just had two successive relegations and were on a downward spiral.. We have a chance of turning this around, but will need the supporter on side to achieve this.

Last edited:
It’s not about attractive football. It’s about effective football. We are desperate to increase the number and quality of chances we create. If Parkinson’s reputation is well earned (defence first, aimless in attack) it will solve none of our issues and will guarantee our failure this season. I hope that Donald et al haven’t swallowed Ross’ bullshit about clean sheets being our way out of the league - however, given the lack of football nous at the club it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.
Even if they have am I not right in thinking that Barnsley under Stendel had the most clean sheets in the league last season?

I just think that anything Parkinson offers can be offered by someone else that is available and attainable without further dividing and disengaging the fan base.

Maja did say he would refuse to play if we stopped him so what was he supposed to do.. Everything is a negative for loads of our fans right now and this is the biggest problem with our club right now..
It's not though is it.

So potential investment comes up to the point the Americans are in the stand and all looks good. Then everything looks to stall, stories emerge around financing and Donald asking for extra money etc. Then on the back of that Parkinson ends up as favourite to take over. Tell me the positives in that and I'll accept to a point what you are saying.

He has had to sell or give away more than half the squad and buy a lot of players at lower level to replace them.. Saying we had the biggest budget only tells a bit of the story.. Plus lots of factors why we ultimately failed at the final hurdle last season, including the lack of any vocal support at home games and the play off final..
There is NO way that Safc fans deserve any blame whatsoever for the clubs failure last season. Safc failed because of dumb choices on the football side and wilful ignorance of the clear failings that plagued the team as far back as October 2018. These failings remain and as far as any of us can see, the club is too dumb to Recognise and rectify these issues. Don’t be blaming the fans. They give more backing than the club deserves.

In fairness, being a stat man you should know that clean sheets is exactly what we need to get out of the league.

Even if they have am I not right in thinking that Barnsley under Stendel had the most clean sheets in the league last season?

I just think that anything Parkinson offers can be offered by someone else that is available and attainable without further dividing and disengaging the fan base.
They did. However it’s nonsense to claim that our primary issue is our inability to get clean sheets. The bigger issue by far is The paucity of our attack. That needs sorting or we won’t go up - even if we improve our clean sheet record. In many ways it’s a symptom rather than a root cause too. We give teams so little to deal with across 90 minutes that it allows them far more opportunity to play on the front foot.

Reactions: Sid
In fairness, being a stat man you should know that clean sheets is exactly what we need to get out of the league.
I honestly and genuinely believe that chance creation is more important as a rule. However, specific to our current issues, looking at the chances we concede we actually do okay. What kills us is stupid individual errors. I don’t believe that there is much mileage in us trying to deal with that structurally - as I suspect Ross tried (and Parkinson would probably attempt). Whereas the dreadful level of creativity in attack provides clear opportunity for a step change by trying to improve something structurally. Ultimately we’ve got far more chance of promotion by trying to score an extra goal or two than by hobbling our attack chasing clean sheets imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back