Phil Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

All of this new manager stuff usually starts with some names being tossed about. I don't care who we end up with as long as they do the following:

1. Grab the players by the balls and get them playing
2. Stop buying players who are obviously only interested in money
3. Doesn't give excuses when things don't go well
4. Doesn't try to win over the fans with pointless statements like - sleeping giants, best fans in the world bullshit

The job is simple, get the best out of the players you have got, and if they are not good enough replace them with someone better.

Over the last 20 - 30 years we have had maybe 4 managers like this:

Dennis Smith
Peter Reid
Mick Mack
Sam Allardyce

Why is it so difficult for the club to find a decent manager? You can spot them a mile off.

Phil Brown was a legend for us, singing on the pitch, talking down suicidal jumpers from the humber bridge and team talks on the pitch. Best days of my life following Hull City with Brownie in charge.

Went tits up pretty quickly like, but great while it lasted.

Canny, down to earth bloke as you'd expect from a Shields lad... unfortunately not much of a football manager these days

All of this new manager stuff usually starts with some names being tossed about. I don't care who we end up with as long as they do the following:

1. Grab the players by the balls and get them playing
2. Stop buying players who are obviously only interested in money
3. Doesn't give excuses when things don't go well
4. Doesn't try to win over the fans with pointless statements like - sleeping giants, best fans in the world bullshit

The job is simple, get the best out of the players you have got, and if they are not good enough replace them with someone better.

Over the last 20 - 30 years we have had maybe 4 managers like this:

Dennis Smith
Peter Reid
Mick Mack
Sam Allardyce

Why is it so difficult for the club to find a decent manager? You can spot them a mile off.
Think you could add Roy Keane to that list

Phil Brown was a legend for us, singing on the pitch, talking down suicidal jumpers from the humber bridge and team talks on the pitch. Best days of my life following Hull City with Brownie in charge.

Went tits up pretty quickly like, but great while it lasted.

I believe his 'Jumper talk down' was a severe exaggeration by the Tangoed one. Made himself out to be a cross between John McClane and Mick Dundee. Not how I was told the incident played out.

His career absolutely nose dived after that 'look-at-me' nonsense at HT at Man City. He must regret that immensely.
I'd rather have sol Campbell.

Sun / Sol. See what you did there HW.

Hard to believe he managed to do what he did with Hull given how poor he has been since.

Remember the day the Mags went down and he got the mic at Hull after their game and starting rapping! :lol::lol::lol:

What a day that was!
Only realised that happened the day after as I was f***ing chemist all day :lol: :lol:

Only realised that happened the day after as I was f***ing chemist all day :lol: :lol:
I was at the game. We got beat by Man Utd but Villa beating Newcastle kept us up. Phil Brown singing on the pitch was the perfect way to round off a mental season. I get goosebumps just thinking about how good that day was. For all his faults, Phil Brown had a part to play in some of the best days of my life so I will always have a good word to say about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back